Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No longer required - Please delete

Harrygf

Evening all,

I am on the hunt for a 996 TT and may have found a potential one near Lichfield.
Can anyone recommend a decent place for a PPI nearby?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Happy weekend

H.

Lichfield :?:

Birmingham way :dont know:

If so, Sutton Coldfield OPC :?:

Thanks for the quick reply :).

I will give them a call Monday - any idea what cost a porsche centre would charge? I think my only other option is mobile - I.e. Peter Morgan (who is currently away), any other recommended mobile ones anyone is aware of?

Thanks.
H.

I think it is a fixed price of £180 + VAT. The attached is a checklist of what it covers, but its from a european (.nl) site so it may vary from that of the UK:

http://jenniskens.livedsl.nl/Technical/Tips/Files/111 Point Check.pdf

Just remember the 111 Point check is aimed at assessing the car for a warranty. So it may flag up non-standard items that probably mean nothing in real terms for you becasue your car will not qualify for a warranty. Example: Non Porsche battery fitted.

It is better than no inspection. Try to have a chat with the technician who did the job and ask him the key questions not covered in the checklist.

Good luck.

Thanks cheshire911 - will bear it in mind for the inspection.

I might also suggest (IF) time permits that you speak to an indy in the midlands area (maybe someone on this forum can chip in with a recommendation) as such an inspection that you commission can be tailored more to what you want. It will cost more - typically around £300 but for example you can ask for the front bumper to be removed to inspect the rads and condensors, download the ECU data and comment/validate mileage and driver style, remove all the headlamps to look for crash damage/paint overspray, lift carpets to look for bodywork repairs and so on.

Mobile inspections have limited value because unless the inpsector can jack the car up and stand under it, I think it is very limited. But better than buying blind without an inspection unless you know these cars.

I was walked under my car by my indy when he did the inspection - looking for leaks (power steering, coolant, engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil etc) and assessing steering and suspension components for wear.

If its an auto, then he will check torque converter and auto box as well.
Finally a test drive and boost check. Also got an HPI check by my indy.

OPC will be good - but may throw up a load of 'non compliant issues' which you will have to sort through as essential or not.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for all the advice, will keep it in mind for when I find a car, Lichfield one has now sold unfortunately!

Thanks again.
H

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back