Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Full re spray

cheshire911 said:
If its any consoloation, I've never got the hang of how to post pictures on this forum either! That's why I don't bother any more since I last did more than a year ago!

That term "blow over" is interesting. One guy mentioned it - saying he would do the bonnet, bumper and blow over the top of the wings or something like that. This is a guy attached to a dealer who preps cars for sale for the forecourt and coincidentally he was the cheapest.

What does this mean? Is it a quick (paint) job that will show deficiencies in a few weeks time? Is it something that guys who prep cars for sale do - just so that they look nice to sell but the effect doesn't last?

I confess I don't know about this side of car ownership and want to understand it better so that I don't get taken for a fool.
Blowing over the wings, is a term used to fade the paint into other panels so that the fresh paint is not pronounced.
If you paint a front wing, and just mask to a door, espicially in a light metallic colour you will see a visible difference in the colour.
Its makes no odds regarding paint matching etc.
A quick blow over a I suggested, referred to a total repaint,without much intensive polishing, door shuts etc.Try this link!!!
http://s400.photobucket.com/user/coomo/media/dave 911 1 013.jpg.html?o=8

Basically dude if you go edge to edge with metallic it WILL NOT match, so you have to stagger the colour up the wing and take the clear coat to the edge

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back