Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

New996buyer said:
alex yates said:
(+adjusted if necessary)

Contacts can be adjusted, springs can be adjusted.

Thanks! Was a genuine question :thumb:

It'll look something like this inside. It's just a case of cleaning stuff and bending contacts back into place.

20130622.jpg

You're alright :thumb:

I spend half my life fixing stuff! Just a shame though how we've come to be a throwaway society because most of the time it's cheaper to buy a new part than the cost of labour to repair the old one.

Speaking of buying new parts - Everyday's Christmas in my house :lol:

20150330_152512_zpsz78sz19s.jpg

Pics of the carbon dipped bits fitted as requested, not the greatest quality pics but shows general appearance. looks even better in the flesh.

Attachments

• carbon_interior2_168.jpg
    carbon_interior2_168.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11,405
Pics of the carbon dipped bits fitted as requested, not the greatest quality pics but shows general appearance. looks even better in the flesh.

Attachments

• carbon_air_vent1_659.jpg
    carbon_air_vent1_659.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 11,401
pic3

Attachments

• carbon_interior2_683.jpg
    carbon_interior2_683.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11,397
pic4

Attachments

• ci_3_108.jpg
    ci_3_108.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 11,381
last pic!

Attachments

• ci4_109.jpg
    ci4_109.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 11,380
Cheers, was surprisingly easy to fit with a online step by step guide even for a numpty like me.

Have now managed this and headliner removal and refit so slowly getting on with jobs I might have otherwise sent to a 'pro'.

was always a little skeptical about carbon dipped parts vs. genuine (at 10x the cost :sad: ) but they do look great now fitted and get rid of pretty much all the marks/scratches on the console which I kept telling myself was fine for a 10year old car but in reality bothered me....

would highly recommend to anyone who wants to give their interior alittle lift 8) and big thanks to Johhny Dangerous on here for the help/advice when doing the deal.

Ive treated mine to the 997 gt3 SSK (metal bushes one) and i hope to fit it. Ive also bought a 'kit' from ebay to bodge the rear spoiler up all the time until i can convince swmbo that i need a fixed wing.

New mats have just arrived and are sat in the passenger seat awaiting install; £140! and thats with TIPEC discount... :wtf:

Priced up the panel to replace where the Porsche telephone will have been (when i take it out) - leather; that will be £309 of your English pounds plus the very angry tax! Leatherette - £45 + VAT.... Anyone else done this and can you tell the difference in the two...??

Hoping to have the car valeted in the next few days and desperately need to get the PCM2 upgraded... Thats another grand to be chucked at her, too. I could hire a stream of hookers for that..... :judge:

Osh

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Osh said:
a stream of hookers

Osh

:floor:

valet booked for tomorrow morning!!

Funny enough - went into my local car wash place and, while talking to the Eastern European guy who runs the place (Jesus him and his colleagues run a good place!! They all work blimin' hard) - suddenly said man says 'are these with you...??' - looked behind me and 996 C2 Cab and a GT3 pulled up on the block, too... :eek: :eek:

It will look a lot cleaner tomorrow... :thumbs:

Osh

(afternoon Alex: :salut: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back