Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 996 this week......?

Replaced coil packs and plugs , got from euro car parts at a reasonable price

Almost forgot - new MOT and an new ignition switch fitted as well. :thumb:

The latter is a known and regular fault. The fault is spotted when you have to turn your switch 'back' a degree or so once you've started the car so the lights, heater and other functions are activated. If you know what you're doing its a very quick fix. It took Sid ten minutes and involved removing none of the dash. Whereas it would've taken me a day!

The old one is lying in the car and will post a pic when next in it :thumb:

I missed one too, replaced the indicator switchgear and added cruise. :D

Shurv said:
In the last 2 weeks, I've fitted an alcantara steering wheel, courtesy of Royal Steering wheels, spruced up my "big reds" with a good clean and a coat of fresh lacquer, and to top it all, fitted some sexy RSS spacers, 7mm front, 15mm rear and re fitted my summer wheels. I've got Easter week off, so I'll be giving it it's annual spring clean and polish, treat the leather to a good clean and cream, and getting some more miles on the clock. :thumb:

I was going to send my calipers away for refurb but A) they were working perfectly and B) its more cosmetic as the lacquer has peeled. I'm interested in your sprucing up of yours, especially now mine are in a box in the loft!

Did you remove them, strip and clean (a la Infrasilver) or did you just rub down in situ, mask and spray? :?:

Oh and how long did Royal have your wheel? That and an AMG paddle are on my list! :thumb:

Mine is getting ready for coming back out of the garage so this week it's got new discs and pads all round, stainless brake lines, and it's away in to the OPC in Edinburgh next week for a major service.

Currently have all the calipers off for a re-paint so that's today's job.

It's the paint code for his car at a guess - you should know that Paul! Lapis Blue.

alex yates said:
It's the paint code for his car at a guess - you should know that Paul! Lapis Blue.

Wrong Paul! :grin: It'll be whoever paints my roof / nose that'll know the answer to that question :thumb:

The car passed its MOT last Saturday, so I bought it 4 x coffin arms, rear discs and pads and booked it into Porsche Reading for a minor service on Thursday....

Maybe when it stops raining I will tackle the coffin arms and rear brakes.... just need to search for a decent How to....

Rear discs and pads on a 996 has to be one of the easiest brake jobs I've done on any car.

Good guide here for the pads: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...Brake_Pads/49-BRAKES-Replacing_Brake_Pads.htm

When I took my discs off, I just undid the callipers with the two bolts, hung them out they way, then removed the 2 retaining screws and they slide off over the brake shoes (make sure handbrake is off).

When you put your new ones on, you might want to reset your shoes and adjust your handbrake: http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...stment/51-BRAKES-Parking_Brake_Adjustment.htm

Two aircon condensers (and regas)
Pair of front floor mats
Set of wheel trim centers (cheap ones from ebay but very impressed with the quality, they have metal emblems)
1ltr of Mobil 1 for top ups

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back