Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2015 £131k 493bhp 911 [991] GT3 RS announced

Roro said:
... Also ... If you do go for the Sexual Frustration Special colour, then might look better with Weiss gold wheels and bits :thumbs:

..I was hoping that the ''sexual frustration colour bit'' would go under the
radar (yeah...right !) ...Weiss gold wheels are certain to look better than silver. :wink:

Stuart said:
Someone once told me that purple is the colour of sexual frustration...

:dont know:

Reminds me of Purple Ronnie !! :grin:

Attachments

• purple_ronnie_small_746.jpg
    purple_ronnie_small_746.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 9,453
Lava Orange for me..... :thumb:

Nick, I was in OPC Tonbridge on Friday. They got 5 cars apparently, same number that they're getting of GT4's, although most of the RS's went to 918 owners as we know. You're a lucky man.

I asked them whether they watched where their GT cars ended up post-sale and they did say that if someone flipped their car on the market, it would be the last new Porsche they'd buy.... which is fair enough I recon on such a limited run car.

Lava Orange, go on..!! or GT Silver does look awesome, but sounds boring

I'm number 1 on the list at my local dealer for a 991.2rs
Hoping porsche sort the colours out, not impressed with any. And what is with the silver on the configurator lol

Richyd said:
Lava Orange for me..... :thumb:

Nick, I was in OPC Tonbridge on Friday. They got 5 cars apparently, same number that they're getting of GT4's, although most of the RS's went to 918 owners as we know. You're a lucky man.

I asked them whether they watched where their GT cars ended up post-sale and they did say that if someone flipped their car on the market, it would be the last new Porsche they'd buy.... which is fair enough I recon on such a limited run car.

Lava Orange, go on..!! or GT Silver does look awesome, but sounds boring

Wow., they got 5...I know that there were at least three 918 customers,
maybe the owner of the dealership had the extra one....he's a long time car collector. :wink:

The colour is a bit of a bug bear though...

The purple is a tad dull in those photo's, I suppose it's pretty Drab weather but it's not popping...maybe white is the way to go? At least it gives lots of options for wheel colours in the futures and contrasts well with all the black plastic bits.

Senoj said:
The purple is a tad dull in those photo's, I suppose it's pretty Drab weather but it's not popping...maybe white is the way to go? At least it gives lots of options for wheel colours in the futures and contrasts well with all the black plastic bits.

You would have thought that we'd had enough of white...lol...you're right
on the colour contrast though, its pretty dramatic. 8)

Attachments

• 991_gt3_rs_whitescale_mofel_357.jpg
    991_gt3_rs_whitescale_mofel_357.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 12,482
Not sure any of those colours are working on it, orange would probably get my vote out of them all if PTS wasn't available.

Are you keeping the gen 2 Nick? What mileage is she on now, must be catching me up :)

anotherGT2 said:
Not sure any of those colours are working on it, orange would probably get my vote out of them all if PTS wasn't available.

Are you keeping the gen 2 Nick? What mileage is she on now, must be catching me up :)

She's a keeper (like yours !..hopefully these will be worth a bit of money
In a few years).
I'm still under 30k (just) so it'll be hanging up its boots very imminently.
Just wish I had a clue when the other one will surface....I had rather
hoped to be running it in on a Ring trip.... :roll:

nick w said:
anotherGT2 said:

In a few years).

:thumbs:

Mine's just rolled over 34k - I should be picking up my Cayman R today so the GT2 will take a back seat for a while, will still use it but it'll be a fair weather car now - the Cayman will be used as much as possible!

Hopefully you'll get the RS in time for the 'ring this year, they given any ideas on build and delivery dates?

anotherGT2 said:
nick w said:
anotherGT2 said:

In a few years).

:thumbs:

Mine's just rolled over 34k - I should be picking up my Cayman R today so the GT2 will take a back seat for a while, will still use it but it'll be a fair weather car now - the Cayman will be used as much as possible!

Hopefully you'll get the RS in time for the 'ring this year, they given any ideas on build and delivery dates?

No idea on build slots....to be truthful, i'm not optimistic of the car appearing
whilst DN is still on this year. If it's going to be at the back end of the year,
I'll be asking them to register it in January 2016. My hope is that the later
the slot is (after the 918 boys get theirs apparently) the better the chance
that PTS will become available....then it's 'come on down...its 'Voodoo Blue'
time !. :thumb:

Hey Nick, well done, I'm so pleased for you.
Well Jealous !

Rallyeman said:
Hey Nick, well done, I'm so pleased for you.
Well Jealous !

Thanks Neil !!

I'm hoping that PTS comes online so I can get mine in this colour !.

Attachments

• 991_gt3_voodoo_blue_125.jpg
    991_gt3_voodoo_blue_125.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 12,241
...mmm :wink:

Attachments

• my_gt3_rs__164.jpg
    my_gt3_rs__164.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 12,108
I must be getting old - I think I prefer silver !?

80-image_ff9c59e439668e618ba7e4093e84e7e4e3a70718.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back