Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Super Sports MPSS # 997 Tyre Thread (Input needed)

I have the PSS on previous M3's and have to say they are awesome.

plavix said:
Baldydaz said:
Tyreleader are £771
Camskill are £685.86 including VAT and delivery for 235/35 & 305/30 R19s.

How are you getting this price for them?
I've just looked and they're not listing 305's (got 295's though) and they're £786 delivered??

Baldydaz said:
plavix said:
Baldydaz said:
Tyreleader are £771
Camskill are £685.86 including VAT and delivery for 235/35 & 305/30 R19s.

How are you getting this price for them?
I've just looked and they're not listing 305's (got 295's though) and they're £786 delivered??

Bloody hell. Ignore me. I've just seen you're on about ps2's not pss. :nooo:

Fronts arrived.

DOT 4114 and DOT 4214.

Just the rears now.

I dont believe super sports are N rated yet - they are awaiting Porsche approval.

They will never be N-rated for the 9x7 cars. No point now, cars are starting to come out of the max warranty period so why bother spending money on the expensive approvals process for a car no longer made?

Ekona said:
They will never be N-rated for the 9x7 cars. No point now, cars are starting to come out of the max warranty period so why bother spending money on the expensive approvals process for a car no longer made?

True - but they will be approved for newer cars and thus gain the N rating which will keep the OCD community happy who won't put anything that isn't approved on their car (with or without warranty)

and they've just N approved tyres for the 356

Ludicrous isn't it - I saw the photograph of the 356 at almost 90 degrees on the ContiDrom that they did as part of the testing.

plavix said:
Ekona said:
They will never be N-rated for the 9x7 cars.
Rumour is they will. How true that is only time will tell.
If they ever do, then £20 to a charity of choice for the first person to PM me and say "NER NER NER TOLD YOU SO!". :mrgreen:

After three failed deliveries I finally relieved Parceline of my rears.

DOT 0315
DOT 0415

As for Super Sports, I'm pleased with my new PS2s. There is something about shiny rubber . . .

For a laugh I let my OPC quote. £230 each for the front and £300 each for the rear. I've not told them how much mine cost. I'll save that for when I'm drinking their coffee during my warranty inspection next week.

Best Non-N-Rated Tyres

I really don't want to start a pros/cons of n-rating debate, just am looking for more modern tyre technology than what is offered on the n-rated list (p zero, re050a, mps2). I don't have an extended warranty and am a cynic/have read the large thread with the Michelin UK tech guy.

Michelin super sports seem to be a popular obvious one, plus have my eye on Conti Sport Contact 5 after they have been winning a few tyre tests plus Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 2.

Any other suggestions or endorsements of the above?

For info its for a 997.1 turbo, so 305/30/19 and 235/35/19.

They won't be tracked, but want high performance wet & dry, less road noise would be nice and although I don't mind spending the money, value for money would suggest the Contact 5 or the Goodyear.

:?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back