Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPCs now charging for courtesy cars

OPC Aberdeen have given me 911's and Cayman's for the day , no charge at all and no mention of it . It was a year ago for the last one though , so may have changed ..

Terry

isysman said:
declandio said:
I almost took a courtesy car when I had a service done in December. Elected to have them drive me home instead. If I did take the car though, they would have charged a one off fee of £10 to put my name on their Insurance... which I thought was more than reasonable.

It would help if people listed their OPC so we can get an idea of which one does which as they all work independently.

Byfleet

chimp911 said:
I've had a Cayenne diesel, Cayman s, 997 Carrera and once had a rather pleasant and fully loaded A1 :thumb: never had to pay for them though they've certainly taken more than enough money from me... :hand:

The Cayman was from Hatfield, the others were in Germany

chimp911 said:
chimp911 said:
I've had a Cayenne diesel, Cayman s, 997 Carrera and once had a rather pleasant and fully loaded A1 :thumb: never had to pay for them though they've certainly taken more than enough money from me... :hand:

The Cayman was from Hatfield, the others were in Germany

Where in Germany are you? I'm going to be in Germany soon for a few months.

I've booked a Cayenne 3.0D for next week's service (2-3 days) FOC from OPC Cambridge.

They had a choice of that or variously geared Coxsters.

Although I could have had a Golf or Merc too :?

I delayed my service on my 911 so I could secure a Boxster from Wilmslow as they had me down for a C Class (dreary). I did so because I'm considering buying a Boxster for my daily. Not sure if I want to pay the big bucks for a 981 or just get a 987 such as an RS60?

I used to live not far from Frankfurt but am now much further south, roughly in the centre of what I would refer to as the "Lederhosen triangle" (Stuttgart, Munich and Zurich)...

monkey7.jpg

How big is your collection of dodgy chimp photos and videos?

Is there not an offence you are committing by keeping so much material on your hardrive?

I'm off to google Interpol/RSPCA's contact details and advise them of your position (both your geographics and the compromising graphics)

I believe he's a chimpophile!

Oh I'll be in Bremen, way north.

:floor:

I think I have most occasions covered and if not a quick call can compose the scene I'm after, but ever since the subjugated simians unionised, those pesky German labour-leasing laws have started killing my profits :pc: - I may have to move the entire operation into Austria where I understand ape-abuse is much better tolerated...

Discounting the obligatory tours of Berlin I've never really ventured into the northern regions of Germany. Hamburg is still very much on my bucket list, as is Rostock - both very nice parts of the world I believe :thumb:

chimp911 said:
Discounting the obligatory tours of Berlin I've never really ventured into the northern regions of Germany. Hamburg is still very much on my bucket list, as is Rostock - both very nice parts of the world I believe :thumb:

I was in Hamburg with the ship for a while and it was nice. We were supposed to be there the entire time but in the end we moved which was a shame. Taking my car with me this time (Mini). Never driven a RHD car in Europe before although I've driven plenty on that side of the road never in a car from the UK.

Driving on the wrong side is never really a problem - car park barriers and toll booths can be mildly frustrating especially if/when it is raining but otherwise you'll hardly notice a difference as you quickly adapt your style and positioning accordingly :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back