Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In praise of Autostrasse, Essex

tikkathree

Montreal
I can't speak too highly of Alan and his team down at Autostrasse.

This year's minor service and MOT actually cost less than it did last year.

I booked it in with a request that they have a go at tracking down the parasitic battery drain which has caused me a bit of bother over the past few months (temporarily resolved by being sure to run Ted every day or swap the battery out and recharge it on the bench) - I feared I'd written them a licence to print money.

MOT passed with two orange bulbs renenwed, parasitic drain found and resolved at their expense.

I drove down to collect Ted this morning, a run of about an hour plus or minus traffic. It puts me out of my way. I drive straight past another Porsche Indie, the one with oodles of classic air-cooleds in stock. I know that OPC Cambridge would collect and return my car from my home.

And yet I choose to drive down to Autostrasse at Coggeshall, why?

Well the last thing I want to do is imply any criticism of anywhere else, that certainly isn't my intention.

I trust Alan and his team at Autostrasse.

I'm made to feel like a valued customer, not just some daft bloke with a precious toy and a chequebook or worse still, like some old twit with neither an air-cooled classic or a lease agreement 991..

I like the feeling that because they see Ted for whatever needs doing, they're building up a picture of the car: there's never any scope for pointing and asking "Who did this to your car?"

When I ask what should I worry about over the coming months and miles I get a shake of the head and the reply "nothing at all".

I admit to worrying about the mufflers, are they about to leave the car in an explosion of rust? Again just a shake of the head and "no they're fine".

Yep, I'll keep going back. Thanks Alan and guys. :thumb: :thumb: :worship: :worship: :thumb: :thumb:

I love posts like this, it is exactly why we join forums to read honest positive reviews, there is no better feeling than knowing you are doing business with decent people in any aspect of life/business.

PS Didn't know they did MOT's at Autostrasse?

Sounds like a resounding recommendation! Autostrasse are sort of local to me (chelmsford), so will be paying them a visit when the time comes, I'll tell them you sent me :grin:

mrgrey said:
I love posts like this, it is exactly why we join forums to read honest positive reviews, there is no better feeling than knowing you are doing business with decent people in any aspect of life/business.

PS Didn't know they did MOT's at Autostrasse?

They don't actually test on site but I'm pretty sure on the same little industrial estate. Should I have said "they get your car through the MOT"?

securitycheck said:
Sounds like a resounding recommendation! Autostrasse are sort of local to me (chelmsford), so will be paying them a visit when the time comes, I'll tell them you sent me :grin:

Well they couldn't be much handier for you unless they were actually in Chelmsford.

Alan probably knows me as Pete from Bury with the 996 Cabrio and by all means please tell him I sent you.

I expect the courtesy cars get booked out pretty quickly. The dog is a happy fellow. The coffee is like the customer waiting area - you can see that no-one's lifting your leg with swish designer equipment. You're not really going to spend an hour climbing in and out of sales stock either - those are other people's cars you're looking at. :thumb:

I used to work in Coggeshall in the early 90's and remember seeing a couple of guys starting a Porsche garage. My mate Andy worked for Lancaster Ferrari in Colchester and I'm sure he said those guys came from Lancaster Porsche.
I used to know the young lad whose dad owned the car garage on the industrial estate - perhaps he now runs it????? god I now feel old as I was 22 years old then and Porsche mechs were well out of my social circle

I completely endorse what you're saying about them. They looked after my '88 3.2 when I first bought it from Paul Stevens about 9 years ago

Initially I travelled to them for servicing, but if I had to leave the car for work it was taking too much time with train journeys to and from.

Another thumbs up for Autostrasse :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back