Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Site has gone whacky on ipad?

isysman said:
What duckduckgo are saying is they don't keep your search results or sell them to third parties which is what Google do. The rest of what I mentioned is out of their hands I'm afraid. Not sure what else you meant.

Didn't mean anything else! Just asking someone who knows about this stuff what it means to the rest of us! :thumb:

So if I browse using Duckduckgo all I avoid is the browser sending info, but each individual website still tracks me, bundles it and sells that to whoever? :?:

Well sort of. Using DuckuckGo means they will not collect your search data and sell/give it to anyone else.

You can limit what data is tracked.

You can block cookies completely but most websites require them to log in to accounts. You can preference in settings only websites that you are currently visiting to use cookies. If you don't do this the cookies from other sites you have visited but are not currently visiting can track you.
You can add an Ad blocker plugin to your web browser. If there are no ads then the ads cannot track you.
You can use a different search engine as you are doing. Also Ask has a feature called Ask Eraser which when turned on deletes all your data right away.
You can open a private page in your browser also which restricts the data being collected.

Also flush this data often. Some browsers allow you to delete cookies every time you close the application.[/list][/list]

isysman said:
Well sort of. Using DuckuckGo means they will not collect your search data and sell/give it to anyone else.

You can limit what data is tracked.

You can block cookies completely but most websites require them to log in to accounts. You can preference in settings only websites that you are currently visiting to use cookies. If you don't do this the cookies from other sites you have visited but are not currently visiting can track you.
You can add an Ad blocker plugin to your web browser. If there are no ads then the ads cannot track you.
You can use a different search engine as you are doing. Also Ask has a feature called Ask Eraser which when turned on deletes all your data right away.
You can open a private page in your browser also which restricts the data being collected.

Also flush this data often. Some browsers allow you to delete cookies every time you close the application.[/list][/list]

:eek: this sounds like a ton of work! I'll just have to live with 996 turbo brake caliper / double din stereo adverts appearing everywhere then...... :nooo:

It's not meant to do this, is it....? :dont know:

4a9e29bce04f14777c67516ab05c0e50_zpsb104f3d1.jpg

Its 100% ok on my lap top.It sometimes logs me out on my I phone but the layout is ok.I don't even try to view on my I pad as it is consistently all over the place.

kas750 said:
Its 100% ok on my lap top.It sometimes logs me out on my I phone but the layout is ok.I don't even try to view on my I pad as it is consistently all over the place.

Think I might look at an iPhone 6+ as my iPad2 is started ng to really struggle now... :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back