Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

insurence paint job is crap

unclefish

So all the repairs are nearly completed apart from the new power steering pump.

I had Autowerkes in Norwich do the work, they subbed the paint work out to another garage.

So I thought I would nip down and inspect the work

To my horror the paint work is crap, they have used masking tape between the body and the seals and left a ridge along every seal, they have even managed to get paint on the front bonnet seal.

I am waiting for the assessor to ring me back. I rang my Insurance company and they said " it has nothing to do with them as I choose a non recommend repairer" ......I fecking choose a Porsche repairer.......

Any ideas on the best way to resolve this , I have the use of a Jag FR type until I sign off for mine says Quindel

Simple, tell the garage that subbed it out that you won't be signing it of,
And it needs to be sorted out before they get paid.
After all your contract is with the garage you took it to originally. :thumb:

Did you say Quindell? ....... there was a big article in the Sunday Times Business section about Quindell ........ it did not make happy reading ...... it was entitled "An accident waiting to happen" ...... of course Quindell are not your insurers so it should make no difference to the outcome of you problem ....... Good luck Unclefish.

p.s. I am sure you are fuming as I would be.

I would be wary of the big hire bill you are running up.

It is a hire car, not a courtesy car, and you are liable for the cost.

(It's far more complicated than that, and I can quote you chapter and verse from pretty well all the case law, but just a 'heads up')

Nobody gets paid for any work until you sign the satisfaction note so you hold the aces.

I remember my boss had a similar problem with his nearly new 993 which was repaired at Stratstones...it took a few go's and 3 months for them to get it something like right.

Stand your ground is my advice.

Good luck - give no ground.

I had similar a few years ago with a VAG 'approved' repair to our Golf GTI - booked into the supplying VAG dealer who (unbeknown to us) did not have body shop and they subbed it out to a local VBRA approved outfit who made a complete mess of the car. They tried to pull the old 'VBRA are recognised by us and VAG so there is no problem - yea, right.

Took 3 months to sort out.

Ditto watch the hire car charges, years ago a friend had a BMW E36 3 series on loan (when they were new), the hire charge was almost £17K if memory serves correct! It took months to get the Insurance company to pay for it, and it went to court.

Ditto the hire car. I had the rear bumper on my 993 done by a Porsche Approved, complete with warranty. A chip appeared about a month later on the bumper and I found that I could chip it off easily with my finger nail. I picked at it becuse I thought it was a speck of bird crap.

Both the paint shop and the Insurance assessor said that was normal and totally OK.

I will be using a recommended paint shop in future and not a Porsche Approved just because it is approved.

With due respect to the Insurance bods here on the forum, it can seem to be a bit of a scam/lottery sometimes.

Best of luck.

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back