Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now official, the £64k 3.8 litre 385hp Porsche Cayman GT4

It's a shame Porsche didn't really let rip with the GT4 performance -
considering the fantastic chassis and how light the car is.....

GT4 is still (just) slightly slower than a 991 Carrera S from 0-60mph,
obviously Porsche are looking out for the 911 golden child else
this wouldn't be the case.......

GT3s have generally had a higher output than the published figures.
Porsche have intimated the same here ie more than 380-385bhp. Who's to say they won't see 400?

What are the differences with this engine with the various higher outputs, the GTS say? Possible upgrades therefore seem likely?

Preuninger said "385" was conservative and intimated higher actual output.

Stage 1: popping in the fuel map from the 991 Carrera S (400).
Stage 2: popping in the X51 from the 991 Carrera S (430).

I suspect Porsche have given themselves headroom for the mid-life 15-25 BHP lift on the "base" GT4, whist also allowing a further 20-25 BHP for the GT4 RS.

The point is, the Carrera S 3.8 unit can already do this as it stands, for the GT4 life-cycle "roadmap" described above.

Thank God Porsche have released this car. Now maybe the doom and gloom 911 GT3 is dead/Porsche have turned their backs on the so called 'purists' (again!) brigade will go away. Or buy a GT4.

cayman gt4

That's a lovely looking 991,oh sorry lovely looking cayman,or is it a 991 turbo,oh bollocks they all look the bloody same these new Porsches!! :D

Eh, you were lucky to have a 981 and a 991.

When I were a lad, we had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before we went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah ... and we had to tray to discriminate a 986 from a 996!

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

996_red_138.jpg

986_red_207.jpg

986_silver_174.jpg

996_silver_147.jpg

GT4 you have duplicated your pictures :judge:

I'm assuming that is a joke ... or you should have gone to Specsavers

nerd.gif

This is excellent.

I no longer have to worry about GT3 prices skyrocketing.

I would love one of these.

GT4 verdicts chaps....

So now we have devoured the EVO video with Bov interviewing AP what do we think ?

Sorry. Had this saved in a browser since lunchtime and did not see the other thread written since.
Coat / get / me / I'll

I want one....

Rear spoiler balances out the back end of the car superbly IMHO.
I always found that aspect of the Cayman less than satisfactory.

So how do we feel about the fact it uses a "normal" engine and not something "special" like the GT3's?
I will watch the Evo vid later so might get enlightend about the normal engine.

My only issue is I am rebulding my home, which means I can't find away of funding a new GT4(I would sell a body part but knowing my luck I'd sell 1 eye and then get hit by an arrow in the other!).....My only hope is that after the hoopla has subsided after a few years they dip in proce so I can get one.

Will watch Cayman R prices now to see what happens, maybe GT3's will drop as well as people swap to the GT4....

I really would like to own one , I love it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back