Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Now official, the £64k 3.8 litre 385hp Porsche Cayman GT4

Awesome..!!!!

Made official the day after I picked up my new GT3 997.2! No wonder I had a call at the weekend from my OPC asking for a cash deposit...

This will be a really, really great car. Bang-on for 2015. Given 991 GT3's are now going for £150k this will be a total bargain

I've never really liked the caymen looks but that has hit the nail on the head "want........"

martin.997.C4S said:
Wow. What a beautiful looking car!

When are the first orders expected to hit the road? Sorry if I missed it.

Is there a limited production number?

End of March for UK GT4s.

The run isn't strictly "limited", but finite.

ie there is no "1/981", but just like the GT3, production time is limited (vs other models on the line).

Preuninger suggested worldwide numbers will not exceed circa 5,000 during its lifetime.

Stunning.

Almost enough to tempt me back to a manual car. :grin:

You buy it, and I'll drive you.

Win-Win :thumbs:

Okay - configurable on the German site. For the €3900 Clubsport pack you also have to option the €2800 bucket seats. The fuel tank is shrunken like the 987R, but a normal sized (64 litre) one can be had for no cost as long as you remember to tick the box. If you like the SportChrono lap timing nonsense they want €1600 for that and if you believe that the ceramics will last this time those are a further €7300.

So, not dry sumped (ought to be okay as long as you don't put slicks on it) and with a sensible options payload a €98-105k car.

Speaking as the target market, I am not currently feeling compelled to acquire - though it does look like a stonking bit of kit.

Footnote - the £80k that these weigh in at specced will still buy an LHD 997.2 GT3.

I wonder if they fit the X51 internal oil baffles to the GT4's "integrated dry sump".

In fact, I presume fitting a whole 991 X51 3.8 is no issue (given it's just a detuned 3.8S to start with).

Now that would be a great mod ... 430 NA BHPs :cloud9:

At last!
I was truly blown away when I tested a mk1 Cayman, both models. In fact I drove a 996 TT tip inbetween and liked the Cayman S more, I then drove a 996 GT3 which scuppered all plans.
So for me the GT4 probably hits everything I could want in a car but......I know it is faster and newer but.....will it be better then a Cayman R? Or do we think the R was just a sell out and the GT4 is the real deal?
Shame about no limiting the run but on the other hand that gives more people the opportunity to grab one.

Oh my gawd....

Stunning.

:puh:

For Sale: One 996 turbo, tiptronic, 55k miles.

Also available: One kidney, light use only, 51 years.

One eye, blue, choice of two, take your pick.

Two testicles (very light use lately!)

You get the picture...........

What a gorgeous car, despite not being a 911. :bandit:

DynoMike said:
For Sale: One 996 turbo, tiptronic, 55k miles.

Also available: One kidney, light use only, 51 years.

One eye, blue, choice of two, take your pick.

Two testicles (very light use lately!)

You get the picture...........

What a gorgeous car, despite not being a 911. :bandit:

:floor:

Fulla said:
At last!
I was truly blown away when I tested a mk1 Cayman, both models. In fact I drove a 996 TT tip inbetween and liked the Cayman S more, I then drove a 996 GT3 which scuppered all plans.
So for me the GT4 probably hits everything I could want in a car but......I know it is faster and newer but.....will it be better then a Cayman R? Or do we think the R was just a sell out and the GT4 is the real deal?
Shame about no limiting the run but on the other hand that gives more people the opportunity to grab one.

Will enquire about the production run. Part of the appeal for this car I assume (like the GT3) is having a small run of them/limited numbers.

I was told by my local OPC that there would only be between c250-400 of these in the UK...

As mentioned, worldwide production run is estimated not to exceed 5k units (although no doubt the GT4 RS. GT4 ClubSport etc etc models will add on top ...)

Given UK market is circa 6% of worldwide sales, this is pretty much bang in the middle of that dealer range (250-400 units).

GT4 said:
As mentioned, worldwide production run is estimated not to exceed 5k units (although no doubt the GT4 RS. GT4 ClubSport etc etc models will add on top ...)

Given UK market is circa 6% of worldwide sales, this is pretty much bang in the middle of that dealer range (250-400 units).

Then I think this will be a big seller and yes will affect GT3s.

Many people (myself included) will be looking at a 7.1 GT3 at around £65-70k. Or a newer possibly 7.2 LHD version for this amount. Faced with that choice or a brand spanking GT4 would I believe opt for the Cayman.

But what to I know... :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back