Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In car camera, which one?

isysman

Daytona
Hi,

After a couple of road rage incidents recently I've been considering putting in a camera in my car to record these events. I'd like one that I can press a button after something happens that records the last 30 seconds.

I want something that can be fitted and doesn't look poorly fitted in the car. Anyone got any experience with these things, or can point me in the direction of a good one. I've looked on ebay but they all look a bit tacky.

I've just bought the Blackvue DR650GW

It arrived yesterday - so should fit it over the weekend.
It has front and rear cameras.

It got some good reviews, although you may want something simpler
I bought it to record all the road trips I am going to do so I can watch them again and again!!

However I was inspired to buy it after someone hit my wife's parked car and drove off (only an S Max)
The Blackvue would have started to record as soon as the car had been hit and clocked his reg. it would have paid for itself on that one day.

Thanks for that. I like the look of it. Looks like it will have minimum footprint int he car. I take it the rear camera sends WiFi data to the front one with the card in it?

Is there a way to have it only record if you press a button or if there is an impact? I'm not sure I'd want it running all the time. If you get stopped by the police and they see a camera system they can get a court to force you to hand over the data. Can you tell me if there is a function to record last 30 seconds if you press a button?

I am not an expert on it yet so I cant answer many of your questions.

I am sure someone will pop along who can.

The rear camera is cable connected to the front main camera. I thought it might have been wi-fi as well but the wi-fi bit is for viewing the main camera on your phone. Not quite sure if I would ever do that!

It can be voice operated and you can press a button that reformats the disc in case you meet a
:cop:

Sounds like you want just a little front facing camera on recording loop

Mr Pub said:
It can be voice operated and you can press a button that reformats the disc

:hand: Yep but you dont want to get to the point of shouting "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK IN EL" to turn it on. :what:

Best go for a loop device the E-PRANCE range gets good reviews and you can hardwire it. Put it in front of the rearview mirror and forget about it :thumb:

I bought a £20 :oops: cheapo that looks like an E-PRANCE but isnt, for my daughters car. Yes it works on a loop with 32gb card but somehow likes the month of July on the date stamp :pc: I saw the playback on PH and for a cheap camera its brilliant. It doesnt have a review screen however so setting it up through a 'Easycap' video transfer device was a challenge in itself.

For any other car buy the 0803 range

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back