Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 22 - Episode 1: Sun 25 Jan 8pm

Porsche News

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are in Russia for an incredible race across the vast and very beautiful urban landscape of St Petersburg. May defends the honour of the car in a very small Renault, Hammond tries to prove that pedalling is faster by saddling up a bicycle, whilst Clarkson attempts to demonstrate that water is the quickest way across town, especially if you're in a hovercraft. To make matters more complicated, all three presenters are racing not only each other but also The Stig, who is silently making his way towards the finish line on public transport.

Also in this episode, Richard Hammond is at the test track to find out if the dramatic new Lamborghini Huracan is as flamboyant and fun as an Italian supercar should be.

Plus, another top celebrity guest tests their steely eyed driving skills as the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

p02h26x8.jpg

I'm amazed at just how quick the timed lap was for the Huracan, given that
every road tester says that it understeers.. like a pig.

But, omg..they've been there on these stunts and races so many times now
...Please do something different. :roll:

+1 what Nick said!

Enjoyed the "Huracan" bit and disagree with comments, think the car look epic and think the lap time speaks volumes!
The Rest of the programme was shite !

Huracan piece was pretty good but I'm surprised there was no mention of poor handling given how most other journalists have complained :dont know: personally I much prefer the looks of the Gallardo it replaces - this looks like an R8 in a tart's dress - and by that I mean more Kings Cross than Knightsbridge :nooo:

Unfortunately the rest of the show made me think I'd switched channels to Dave by mistake :frustrated:

Some say he's..................................usual shiote :thumb:

The producer wants sacking. Now I know in W1A the Board meet in the Frankie Howerd Conference Room which I thought was a satire............but maybe it's a documentary :dont know:

I've been catching up on The Wire box set so decided not to watch TG, didn't even record it and I won't even bother asking what it was that I might have missed. Very tired format.
Cash cow for the broadcaster's export market. Horse, dead and flog in any order you like.

Format now looking very tired indeed. :sleepy:

Could have been any episode from any previous series. :x

Hammond's fall off the bike seemed quite heavy - credit to him for getting back up and carrying on. :thumb:

adamw said:
Enjoyed the "Huracan" bit and disagree with comments, think the car look epic and think the lap time speaks volumes!
The Rest of the programme was shite !

+1 :nooo:

I missed this last night so clicked (well, moved my finger, we need differant iPad terminology!) on it to see if I should watch it.

It looks like my question has been answered.

In fairness, I knew the answer.

It's the usual uptheirownego garbage.

Give me another trip to Romania special!

The only thing decent in TG is the camera work.

PeterS said:
I missed this last night so clicked (well, moved my finger, we need differant iPad terminology!) on it to see if I should watch it.

tapped :dont know:

It's worth a watch for the Huracan segment, from a tour perspective the views of St. Petersburg is perhaps of some interest, and I doubt I'll ever get bored of seeing a cyclist fall off his bike - especially as it was the Hamster :grin:

Same old same old but it's a case of Top Gear or nothing as the saying goes...

Desiderius Erasmus said:
in regione caecorum rex est luscus

Their jaunt included the stig for the first time , liked the stig 911 bit at the end , agree its been over done but still watch it .

Really look forward to Top Gear especially for the cinematography, it's some of the best you will see with cars.

But disappointingly the rest is the same format every series, I'm not sure why really as there is so much more they could do with it. Some of the early stuff was good with the road trips, bit I would say that.

pzero said:
I've been catching up on The Wire box set
Watched all of them when I was overseas a couple of years back :thumb:

Just watch out for Omar :what:

Ah Chalky :grin: I was late to this party but watched the complete set last year :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back