Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying from Northern Ireland

OPC Belfast to be precise, any pitfalls? Presumably UK C16 cars? Any issues? Are Northern Ireland cars worth any less than a car from mainland UK? Any issues with DVLA, bought from Ireland before but never Northern Ireland :?:

NI is in UK so what could go worng

:thumb:

Zingari said:
NI is in UK so what could go worng

:thumb:

The ferry could sink. :lol:

New996buyer said:
This is a wind up, right.....? :?:

Lol not really for example in NI

Mot every 4 years? Not 3 as UK.
Insurance? Officially not an import any issues with a NI car?
DVLA and Northern Irish equivalent not just DVLA
I've heard that history might be difficult to trace and HPI doesn't come up with same results?
More difficult to get private plate on NI. Car?

No one seems to be jumping in and saying Defo no problems with a NI car?

:salut: sorry dude thought being a fan of the Red Devils you'd know all about the home of Gorgeous George. :wink:

MOT is different and registered keepers number can disappear / reset to zero when you re register it with the DVLA. That's about it.

The performance car scene in NI is pretty big and Boucher Way does good business.

The cars are indeed C16 and apart from the ferry risk Alex mentions that's about it.

I know this because I lived in NI for a number of years. Many of my family still do. And quite coincidentally (as I bought it in London) so did my current car :eek:

Need anymore let me know? I've still lots of contacts over there. :thumb:

I bought a second hand Impreza Trezo from a Subura Dealer in Derry/Londonderry/City of Derry (take your pick) with no issues. Found it on there dealer network and they were going to get it transported to Glasgow but I decided to collect in person. One owner, no issue with warranty or registering the car and it was great bit of kit.......seemed to go faster on its roof!

I'd check the coat hooks out as well. But I think Sponge is not sold on the idea of buying from NI now :dont know:

Au contrair :grin: after pursuing a number of leads deposit placed :thumb:

New996buyer said:
Zingari said:
I'd check the coat hooks out as well. But I think Sponge is not sold on the idea of buying from NI now :dont know:

:?

Someone told me that Irish cars have stronger coat hooks to hold the weight of a Donkey Jacket :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
New996buyer said:
This is a wind up, right.....? :?:

Lol not really for example in NI

Mot every 4 years? Not 3 as UK.
Insurance? Officially not an import any issues with a NI car?
DVLA and Northern Irish equivalent not just DVLA
I've heard that history might be difficult to trace and HPI doesn't come up with same results?
More difficult to get private plate on NI. Car?

No one seems to be jumping in and saying Defo no problems with a NI car?

NO PROBLEMS WITH A N I CAR SB.

I have had a couple and no issues at all , same car , only difference is registration , you have about 6 months to re register after taking over from NI.
As others have said its in UK so no issues .
I found the guys in NI far better to deal with than many near me !!

Terry

I'm thinking of running a tote to see how long Sponge will keep this one. Of course that all depends on whether or not his 'significant other' likes it :dont know:

Zingari said:
I'm thinking of running a tote to see how long Sponge will keep this one. Of course that all depends on whether or not his 'significant other' likes it :dont know:

This is long term keeper :floor: presuming IS don't shoot my flight home tonight out of the Iraqi sky I'll be in the new motor within a week :thumbs:
Boom!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back