Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which child seat and stroller fit ?

Jonathon555

Suzuka
Went down to halfords to get a child seat for my car for my son, soon to be 9 months old. They shook there heads and said nothing fits.

Need a group 1 seat and also a recommendation for a buggy that can fit my car.

Non isofix

there are plenty that will fit (google it) but they are not approved, or "fit properly" except for the porsche dedicated ones from the OPC
we had murders trying to get a good fit, and did indeed settle for a britax from halfords, because it was the smallest/slimmest,
however not the safest or best quality, it really is hard as lets be honest, a 911 is not a family car, i use the britax only when i must, and take extra care with my cargo.
also its prudent to remove the velcro seat bottom for a better fit, due to the shape of the 911 seat bottom.
as far as strollers go....good luck with that, if you have a 2 wheel drive, you might be able to find a collapsable one, but we couldnt, if you have a 4 wheel drive, then no way at all.
it will have to lay across the rear footwell, or you could do as we did, and buy a cayenne GTS also. (lol)

I have a C4s and a Quinney Zapp pushchair fits in the boot without any problem.

Car seat wise the Maxi Cosi Pebble fits in fine without removing the rear seat base. The front seat has to be quite far forwards but my wife still fits in relatively comfortably.

Steve

Steve B said:
I have a C4s and a Quinney Zapp pushchair fits in the boot without any problem.

Car seat wise the Maxi Cosi Pebble fits in fine without removing the rear seat base. The front seat has to be quite far forwards but my wife still fits in relatively comfortably.

Steve

Is the pebble a group 0 seat ? Rather than a forward facing group 1

I have a C4S and use a Britax Evolva 1-2-3 plus.

We had the lovely lady from mothercare fit 3 different seats into the back before we bought one and by the time we finished half the shop were out watching and agreed it was the best fit.

I have my daughter in the front and back with it and whilst it's a bit of a fiddle it's not that hard to get in and out

It's forward facing and suitable for 9-36kg only problem is it doesn't recline, but then we don't do long journeys so never been much of a problem

Haven't taken any of the seat cushions out either

Nosillad said:
I have a C4S and use a Britax Evolva 1-2-3 plus.

We had the lovely lady from mothercare fit 3 different seats into the back before we bought one and by the time we finished half the shop were out watching and agreed it was the best fit.

I have my daughter in the front and back with it and whilst it's a bit of a fiddle it's not that hard to get in and out

It's forward facing and suitable for 9-36kg only problem is it doesn't recline, but then we don't do long journeys so never been much of a problem

Haven't taken any of the seat cushions out either

yep, thats the same seat i use, but i found it to be a better fit without the seat base in, but my 911 does not have a rear seat bulkhead like yours, because its a hatchback.

As stated above, the Quinny Zapp and Zapp 2 both fold down small enough to slip perfectly into the frunk of a C2. Perfect!

As for car seats, the Maxi Cosi Opal seat reported to be approved for the 911 when I last looked (check the Maxi Cosi website to be certain) and is both rear and forward facing. It covers a range of ages/weights. However, I found it to be a tight fit in the 911 and it was a bit too upright, even with the OE seat base removed. We now use a slimline Britax seat on the rare occasions that we need/want to, which works well.

I use an old Porsche Junior fix in mine (the Grey Group I/II) fits perfectly in the bucket seats or the seat hollows in the back (I have rear seat belts fitted).

The new BMW/mini seats are the same but can be bought without isofix which makes them much lighter to thread into the back. The Mini one also comes in a plainish Black finish.

Out of interest, do most baby seats fit in the front seat fine? I'm assuming you can switch off the airbag?

Literally just picked my 98 C2 up on monday and havent had a chance to have a proper play yet!

Thanks
steff

It depends on the seat as the side bolsters may be too narrow for some child seat bases. As for deactivating the airbag then this may be more of a problem - see here for more info http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=552446

If you already have one of these (passenger side) then you are in luck:

pg_39_img.jpg

Otherwise I'd speak to your local OPC about a possible retrofit - HTH :thumb:

I posted a similar thread a while back when I deciding on practicality of keeping my Porsche with new born arrival imminent - don't know about rating but I was recommended the recaro Young sport for +6 months
I kept the Porsche and have taken my little one out a couple of times, I have the easy fix base in there with a maxi cosi pebble seat, passenger has to sit a bit further forward but it does work and as the travel buggy I have the wuinny zapp which. Fits perfectly in the turbo boot😀😎

Seat

Maxi Cosi Tobi fits well - I bought this from Halfords (with their help).

Recaro Young Sport has a high risk of buckle crunch. Halfords called Recaro whilst I was there and they (and Halfords) did not recommend the seat for the 911.

Re: Seat

coopertrooper2001 said:
Maxi Cosi Tobi fits well - I bought this from Halfords (with their help).

Recaro Young Sport has a high risk of buckle crunch. Halfords called Recaro whilst I was there and they (and Halfords) did not recommend the seat for the 911.

second vote for the maxi cosi tobi - i took the seat back out and then fettled the fit onto the seat base using folded dust sheets to make it sit nice and straight. Our 14 month old loves it! :thumb:

+1 for the Quinny Zapp. On our second now (got the one with the detachable seat; think it's the Zapp 2 or Plus)

We have a baby seat that would fit for the baby. Gonna stick it on eBay soon because our son has outgrown it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back