Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance...hard work!

Andyc11 said:
New996buyer said:
For comparison I'm in London and only paid £700 with Bridle. (45, academic, parked on driveway, 15k per year, factory security, 10 yrs+ ncb). :dont know:

33, financial services, underground parking, 5k per year, tracker, 5yrs ncb...Bridle quoted £2.8k.

Holy macaroni!?! :eek:

jonttt said:
No one is quoting excess or number of Insurance reportable convictions.....

Mine 2 current Insurance reportable convictions, £600 excess, 5,000 miles pa, 49 full no claims, liverpool :eek: .....£287 :floor:

£450 excess.
No convictions.

Though I do have a speed awareness course to attend in Jan...... :whistle:

LOL (I think.)

58 no points, no claims, 5000 miles inc business use. 996.2 turbo.
£650 with classic line. Through Red Star?
Includes breakdown uk and Europe plus non competitive track day/club events. Also have choice of OPC for repairs if required apparently?
Anyone have real world experience of Red Star claims handling?

This is amazing Insurance companies are pricks
Me on a pork 911 48 full discount 10,000 miles no points or claims £220
My son on a pergeot 206 1.4 diesel, 3,000 miles with a driver monitor box, 17 no discount no points or claims £37,000 :dont know:
And trust me he drives a lot slower than me :nooo:

Waz said:
This is amazing Insurance companies are pricks
Me on a pork 911 48 full discount 10,000 miles no points or claims £220
My son on a pergeot 206 1.4 diesel, 3,000 miles with a driver monitor box, 17 no discount no points or claims £37,000 :dont know:
And trust me he drives a lot slower than me :nooo:

PLEASE tell me that comma is in the wrong place?!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

im 49 and use my N/A vert as a daily driver so big miles and its parked on my drive overnight as i have no garage. 15 years no claims and a very small excess on the policy which covers me and my wife-no convictions accidents etc same as me. 350 a year still though. i don't know how they figure the sums out. prices were all over the place when we were looking for cover. our post code is a good one-kids get car Insurance half/two thirds cheaper on their cars than friends in not so good post codes- we drive several cars so their risk is reduced. its a big money spinner for the Insurance companies i think.

I'm 31, 6 points and a non fault claim and 6 years NCB and have just renewed mine for £550 FC £500 excess. Live in a small village car on drive 4000 miles per year. 997 C2S. Previous 996 was the same price pretty much.

This is my third policy for a 911 and each time i have paid about the same but the automatic renewal has always come in at over £725. Twenty mins searching and I can always get it back down to around 550.

First year was with Elephant, last year with Mayfaironline and now with Swift cover.

I'm trying to land my first porsche (a 997) 06 plate 3.6 c2, live in sunderland, 41, 20yrs licence , 6 years no claims, 3 pts and parked on drive, wife 38 on policy with 3 points, getting silly quotes of £750! Yet I see you folks in the 250-400 pound zone. Swift cover quoted £550 with £ 700 excess. AIB are going to quote but insist they are better than online price comparison sites, let's see what the price is. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a big difference between AIB and swift should a claim be made?

Jcattell said:
I'm trying to land my first porsche (a 997) 06 plate 3.6 c2, live in sunderland, 41, 20yrs licence , 6 years no claims, 3 pts and parked on drive, wife 38 on policy with 3 points, getting silly quotes of £750! Yet I see you folks in the 250-400 pound zone. Swift cover quoted £550 with £ 700 excess. AIB are going to quote but insist they are better than online price comparison sites, let's see what the price is. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a big difference between AIB and swift should a claim be made?

How many miles a year ?

NFU £1000
no 'no claims' as new policy, as my no claims bonus used on range rover
£230 if used my no claims bonus
43 no convictions
MD
factory security
10000 miles a year
cartlodge over night
mrs on there as well
in middle of nowhere nr Ipswich
52 reg c4s