Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Evans Waterless Coolant - Anyone tried and running it?

Interestingly, neat Comma a/freeze has a boiling point of 170 deg. C which is not far off the Evans figure of 180 deg. C.

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Interestingly, neat Comma a/freeze has a boiling point of 170 deg. C which is not far off the Evans figure of 180 deg. C.

I think the boiling point will be higher when the system is under pressure. i'm not sure what is boiling point will be when exposed to the atmosphere.
Worth putting both in a saucepan and comparing for a benchmark figure at atmospheric pressure. :dont know:

I've read through the whole article now in suspense as I eagerly awaited a response from some one who's actually had this added and tested it, the proof is very difficult to substantiate but if what the manufacturer suggests then I'm sat here reading this thinking some one is going to be along in a minute to report that their temp gauge has dropped as a result.

Surely there is an indie somewhere who's added this product to a car that could comment on it's capability, as a consumer though and as previously commented on by others I've seen these claims before, Slick 50. STP, water wetter from Lucas has been in at least 6 cars / engine re builds I've had done, every time I get an invoice for servicing work and it states 'engine flush" my eyes roll. You charge me how much for the best oil money can buy with all sorts of additives and cleaning properties but it still requires a flush ?

I can see the advantage of Evans in reducing temp which could be done with fitting a lower temp sensor but then the heat / energy transfer is then transferred to the oil ?

I think my first port of call is to have the thermostat replaced ? My brain aches with trying to imagine bubbles being caught in pockets resulting in hot spots, it seems my favourite hobby is spending small fortunes prepping vehicles for other people to enjoy and reap the benefits from.

Didn't Edd China from Wheeler Dealers use some Evans in a project, or was that the other fella, Ant something?

MaxA said:
Didn't Edd China from Wheeler Dealers use some Evans in a project, or was that the other fella, Ant something?

I would never trust anything that looks like product placement. The advantage as I see it is the long life of the coolant. But to be worth it you would need to be keeping the car for a very long time. Getting all of the coolant out of the system to start with is a non-trivial task. If doing an engine change and taking pipes and radiators out it could be done. But AFAIK there are no advantages in terms of heat transfer for a healthy system.

MC

ragpicker said:
Wow NX, you were really lucky there! That could have been so much worse, and for it to happen just before you've passed the pit lane entrance just caps it off!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did that little lot of hoses cost to buy? Looks like a good few hundred quid worth?

I really like the look of this Evans stuff. Would I buy it if I hadn't already had my bonded pipes pinned? I don't know really because when you add in the cost of the flushing fluid you are heading up to £1k. For not a lot more you can have a permanent (and better) solution.

However in the non-Metzger cars I'd be all over it like a rash!

Would you care to elaborate on the permanent and better solution please? My car is a turbo by the way & I have had Evans in 2 motorbikes for a few years now without any detrimental effects to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,
Gary

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back