Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wish to buy my 930

***interupts Wheeler Dealers Boxing Day Marathon while Wifey out with GTO (the name of a horse not the car)***

Merry Xmas btw.

This is a fascinating thread. Sure be sceptical when approached by strangers, vigilant and aware. But it doesn't automatically mean all approaches from 'unknowns' are fraudulent as a rule. That much is kinda' obvious, really. :D :?:

But the observation by CC about member is interesting in its own right about behaviour and has merit. This Forum has a small number of frequent posters (of which I'm one). But I was just as active a member before I posted regularly as I do now, which only really started this year. I used to read a lot but just didn't contribute. And I think the 'why?' people do that is interesting. I don't think there is one reason, but probably a reasonable category of reasons. And surely in understanding that might be lessons to involve more people in discussions and build a larger community? :chin:

:hijack: sorry, bit of a thread hijack, but just thought CC was opening up an interesting point about the behaviour of genuine members....back to Edd China and his 635CSi strut brace fitting..... :coat:

Zingari said:
madalaa said:
I have a very suspicious nature ........ to me this is just another form of "cold calling" which I find exceedingly annoying and at least the boiler house scam merchants have finally got the message.

Are you Mr Carter by chance :?:

........ believe you me I have been known to be worse than that ....... that was quite mild in comparison to some of mine ...... and no I am not kidding ...... :)

madalaa said:
........ believe you me I have been known to be worse than that ....... that was quite mild in comparison to some of mine ...... and no I am not kidding ...... :)

Shouting over the phone......meh, so lightweight. :hand: I save my best flare ups for when I'm in person. Something about the accent makes it quite aggressive to non Scottish ears, which is great when you're on the tube or having a go in the Vodafone shop. :grin:

Though not so cool when you're in Toys'R'Us or an 'Early Learning Centre'...... :oops:

Perhaps one of the 'silent' can PM me if they have a Cayman for sale @£10k. Ideally I'd like more than one key and some history :thumb:

New996buyer said:
CC was opening up an interesting point

This will be a long remembered day in the CC household I can tell you.
:thumbs:

This forum homepage does not have a 'search members' feature. A lot of forums I have used have this feature (really helps you find people who don't post much if you want to PM them).

For example on the lotus forum you could search for only members that had posted in the last week/month/year, members with more than 1/10/whatever number of posts, see the hundreds of members with 1 or less posts. If you search any internet forum for only people that have posted in the last six month and have more than ten posts, it shrinks it's membership incredibly.

Nobody unsubscribes from forums when they leave so the registered membership is always a false number too. Like I said, of the 32,000 membership on here, just looking monthly you are probably at a couple of hundred active people?

Like I said, that's not unusual or in any way bad, internet forums always have a core, and even the people in that change.

I saw one Lotus forum fold up and die as the said 'core' (including myself) left and started another forum of under 50 people, a forum which is still running now with a five figure membership, ex CEO as a member, factory backed etc...
:)

clarkycat said:
This will be a long remembered day in the CC household I can tell you.
:thumbs:

:salut: Hey, long time listener: first time caller.

Yeah I think you're onto something. Il'l start a seperate thread on this as I feel as if we're having a conversation in someone else's garden.

Sorry OP :oops:

(BTW anyone heard from Ragpicker since his Xmas Eve low speed shunt?)

If I was looking for a particular model of car like this one, the first place I would think to look is a forum. It is of course not always the case but you tend to find that members of such forums are enthusiasts and tend to look after their cars a lot better than the average motorist. Your probably less likely to pick up a bad apple on a 911 forum.
I am a new member myself to the forum and understand that a low post count generally doesn't get a lot of respect. (I am not saying I haven't been made to feel welcome because I have). But, i have something near 9000 posts on the ford RSOC forum so feel a little at home on there and think even if I had never came across a particular member on there in the main or sub forums, if I made an enquiry about a car of his, he would take me more serious that someone with a 5 post count. I know I am stating the obvious here but point being, every 9000 posts started with just 1 :)

Plenty of good people that know a bit about the 930's
Its a small market for a buyer and seller.
I looked at over 12 930's in a four year search.

Do your research, buy a solid model and improve it and enjoy the car.

chris_m said:
If I was looking for a particular model of car like this one, the first place I would think to look is a forum. It is of course not always the case but you tend to find that members of such forums are enthusiasts and tend to look after their cars a lot better than the average motorist. Your probably less likely to pick up a bad apple on a 911 forum.
I am a new member myself to the forum and understand that a low post count generally doesn't get a lot of respect. (I am not saying I haven't been made to feel welcome because I have). But, i have something near 9000 posts on the ford RSOC forum so feel a little at home on there and think even if I had never came across a particular member on there in the main or sub forums, if I made an enquiry about a car of his, he would take me more serious that someone with a 5 post count. I know I am stating the obvious here but point being, every 9000 posts started with just 1 :)

:agree:

I was a long time reader ( :lurk: ) before I began posting regularly. And I did notice that my low post count plus my stoopidly composed name did produce a certain type of response.

The more people are encouraged to contribute the better, IMHO. :chin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back