Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Beware Mickey and his friends...

Hamblemark

Trainee
After reading an old thread on the 993 pages, in which someone had their pride & joy shredded when a rodent decided to nest in his engine bay, I thought it may be prudent to put some traps down in the garage.

To be fair, my car isn't left all winter but a combination of work, weather & family mean it can be left standing on the ctek for 2-3 weeks at a time.

In three weeks I have caught 3 large mice which may otherwise have decided to take up more permanent residence.

Given the damage they can do in a relatively short period of time, it is something that is worth thinking about - particularly this time of year.

(Peanut butter is the killer bait, as they can't snatch and run...)

I had an issue with mice nesting in my garage attic.

I bought an ultrasonic thing off Amazon and it has worked a treat.

Hamblemark said:
(Peanut butter is the killer bait, as they can't snatch and run...)

Chocolate spread :wink:

Must put some traps out now it`s getting cold, had a problem last year when the little b******s ate some chunks out of my new wetsuit n the top shed :x

They use glue traps at work. They absolutely 100% work but are not very nice, from time to time I have removed ceiling tiles to do work and either seen the results of the trap or it's work in progress, and on occasion actually managed to stick my hands into one.

Here they are:
http://www.gluetraps.co.uk/mouse-glue-trap-boards-1-c.asp

And here's what they do:
http://www.peta.org/living/humane-home/five-things-didnt-know-glue-traps/

It's not for everyone. I have to euthanise the odd cat 'present' so would have no problem finishing something off, but I could not lay one of these things down.
:nooo:

I think it only an issue with 996/997 models as they have chocolate engines :puh:

Ian

It won't help if you've de-cat your car. :puh:

igaffz said:
I think it only an issue with 996/997 models as they have chocolate engines :puh:

Ian

:floor: :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back