Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

jack.pe said:
You coming to SPA again this year Zings??

:hand: You never know. I might be preparing that weekend for a trip to the Philippines but not confirmed.

If it's not on then Spa is a go :thumb:

BTW - Nothing really done to the Silver Surfer these last few months as (so far) nothing has fallen off/broken. I'm still waiting to load in my Recaro sports seats - slight slip up on the dying process so need to be redone :roll:

Zingari said:
jack.pe said:
You coming to SPA again this year Zings??

:hand: You never know. I might be preparing that weekend for a trip to the Philippines but not confirmed.

If it's not on then Spa is a go :thumb:

BTW - Nothing really done to the Silver Surfer these last few months as (so far) nothing has fallen off/broken. I'm still waiting to load in my Recaro sports seats - slight slip up on the dying process so need to be redone :roll:

And a 993 beckons :grin: :grin:

Sponge - Like MU winning the Premiership. In your dreams chum, In your dreams :hand:

...................Part III - The Icarus Project under development :roll:

Ah......"We aim to create a language that is so vast and rich that it expresses the infinite diversity of human experiences"........

Good luck with that :thumb:

Now what are you really up to :?:

...................Part III - The Icarus Project under development

Don't drive it off a cliff mate, I'm telling you now even with those flared wings it won't fly :grin:

cheers,
Paul

Oh Zingari that's a lovely looking car and the amber indicators look fantastic.

I had made my mind up that I would like to find a C4 but now I am seriously questioning whether to raise my budget and try and find a Jubilee . Even my good lady who thinks I'm crazy wanting to buy a second old car smiled at the photo of your car and said it looked "nice", this is the biggest compliment she's ever paid a Porsche !

May I ask do they feel very different to drive than a narrow body and how expensive do you think a sorted car would be if I can find one ?

Nimrod - Only driven a NB targa and that was different due to roof rattle etc. WB C4 are heavier but nimble enough in the trad air-cooled kinda way and always feels well planted. Agree the ambers look the best with silver.

Just ckecked 'Big Phil' had two Jubi for sale a month or do ago and he's got #517 in Silver up at £54,995 Here No AC so you lose some weight :what: But has sports seats :thumb:

Hi Zingers,

Beautiful! Might it be the one Frank has just agreed terms on?

Cheers,
Paul

paul284pt said:
Hi Zingers,

Beautiful! Might it be the one Frank has just agreed terms on?

Cheers,
Paul

:eek: What you mean our Frank FP :dont know: I always said he was a man of taste :grin:

The very same man :thumb:

I notice you have been to see for yourself :grin:

Cheers,
Paul :bye:

Is that the going rate for one of these now £50k + ? I spotted one early last year when I bought my 993 and it was early £30K then, I think I may have missed the boat as they appear to be appreciating as quick as any of the air cooled cars. It was a Voila metallic which I thought was a great colour as well as the silver ones.

Thanks Zingari for pointing out the Jubilee it's a shame it hasn't got air con, I know they hardly ever work but is nice to have if going away on a trip.

Does anybody know anything about the car at Raby's or the dealer ?

Sorry for all the questions your replies are appreciated.

^^^^ AC now works in mine. I've just had a new evaporator and expansion valve dropped in :yahoo:

Jubi like the 964 and other air-cooled seem to be on a roll and most I've seen start at £50k whereas 3yrs ago it was very different :roll: They dont come up for sale very often and most buyers can track the history of cars through the Jubi Register which is run by a chap called Thomas over in Germany. He has catalogued most but there are still some out there that are missing. When I bought mine he was most helpful in sending me .pdf of magazine articles where my car had featured, the 'upgrades' Ninemeister had done (haven't got round to confirming this yet) and previous owner contact details so I could do my research. None of this info was in the hands of the seller :grin:

I think the Raby car might be 'reserved' as Frank has done a deal on one - just not sure which yet :wink:

Thanks Zingari, I had noticed they had increased in value as the last one I saw advertised I'm sure was mid 40's which seemed a big jump from the 33K I saw at a dealers 18 months ago. I didn't appreciate they were quite that rare.

It sounds like you have got yourself a great car and a bargain :thumbs:

If I have missed it being philosophical I guess I've saved myself 50k and the search continues but I think one of these is now top of the wish list.

I might phone Raby tomorrow anyway because I think there were two last week ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back