Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The GT3 RS Porsche should have made

Driver's seat done tonight. It was getting a little cold in the garage so the Mrs had the pleasure of my company for the evening; you can imagine just how approving she was of this decision :grin:
37049391416_4a25e878ab_b.jpg

37049391296_97faf8df11_b.jpg

37049391136_516bc01af7_b.jpg

Stuart said:
Love it!

Pretty sure you can dump the strut brace, aren't the front towers braced to firewall anyway?

Loving the door cards also.

Glad you like it Stuart :thumb:
I took a few covers off today and you are absolutely right, there is original diagonal bracing from each turret to the bulkhead.
36402332734_e632d00ca1_b.jpg

The documents arrived in the post today, so here is the corner-weight data and also the dyno printout:
Total weight 1274.5kg and Engine output 455.6PS
36841967400_64b7198ca1_b.jpg

36841967140_bdc6ddbeb5_b.jpg

Brilliant thread :popcorn:

1275kg surprised me, didn't think the doors, bonnet and wings would make that much difference, great news. That weight saving with the extra horse power must make this car really shift. Are you attending any of the DN dates next year I'd like to this car in the flesh one day?

Looking through the photos, what is that under the bonnet? Has your car had the cup electric steering fitted and therefore ditched the heavier hydraulic system and thus contributing to the weight saving?

Also note the front suspension struts look like they have had the 3 bolt hole elongated and been marked. So you can manually change camber on front wheels. Is this correct?

Jon

Cunno said:
1275kg surprised me, didn't think the doors, bonnet and wings would make that much difference, great news. That weight saving with the extra horse power must make this car really shift. Are you attending any of the DN dates next year I'd like to this car in the flesh one day?

Looking through the photos, what is that under the bonnet? Has your car had the cup electric steering fitted and therefore ditched the heavier hydraulic system and thus contributing to the weight saving?

Also note the front suspension struts look like they have had the 3 bolt hole elongated and been marked. So you can manually change camber on front wheels. Is this correct?

Jon

Great journey the owner went on, will be fun tweaking it but not a whole lot more to do! The four corners add up tp 1450kg which if a wet weight with driver ballast is pretty lean. My RS wet with ballast weighs 1560kg.

Cunno said:

Jon

Hi Jon, I have asked the company who built the car to give me the specifics regarding the weight as I if it had some fuel in it at the time it may be lighter again also the front cage extension is quite a heavy lump so it may potentially be <1250kg.
The carpet set is -17.5Kg and the Akrapovic exhaust is another -17.5Kg. Steering wheel is lighter and as you say it has the CUP steering system, Carbon door cards... it seems when all tallied up it really does make a difference.
I only live about 40miles from the Ring so I'll have a look when the DN dates are.
I guess the index marks on the turrets are for previous geometry set-ups. TBH I haven't had the car very long and have so far been concentrating on the little bits and pieces that I picked up during my inspection. The car will now hibernate for the next few months so I will look into the aspects you mention when the better weather arrives.
Looking through some of the invoices it also has a different clutch with this pressure plate fitted. The gearbox has had a €7000 revision (again I'm not exactly sure what they did).

I have been speaking to Steve Rance on PH about various aspects of the car as he is interested it what development to undertake with his new 997.1GT3CS. One area he is still a little unsure about is how to approach the ABD/traction/braking systems. I took a few pictures today of my brake system and to me it looks like the main loom going to the ABS system looks a little exposed. Do you know if this is normal. Also it has 2x braided steel hoses going from the master cylinder to the ABS unit (again this could be normal and looks like it is designed this way to allow for flex/movement):
37071535312_6fca573938_b.jpg

37071535092_7eef46d156_b.jpg

Yesterday I also had the rear wheels off to scope what was going on there. Here are the pictures:
37053145056_54bff2fee2_b.jpg

37053144896_dcb3bb21d5_b.jpg

37053144686_5a67c60231_b.jpg

37053144546_59485a7a81_b.jpg

36429052803_aa19a762ee_b.jpg

36429052573_8d4b6cb00e_b.jpg

36429052423_b19f519af2_b.jpg

36429052263_b247ed7758_b.jpg

36429052143_0ea48b89df_b.jpg

The rear tyres are like something from tractor; can't believe how wide they are when you get them off
36429052023_efc20dc6e8_b.jpg

ELA, you paperwork says the car weighs 1275kg? But the corner weights add up to more at 1450kg ?

I have been speaking to Steve Rance on PH about various aspects of the car as he is interested it what development to undertake with his new 997.1GT3CS. One area he is still a little unsure about is how to approach the ABD/traction/braking systems. I took a few pictures today of my brake system and to me it looks like the main loom going to the ABS system looks a little exposed. Do you know if this is normal. Also it has 2x braided steel hoses going from the master cylinder to the ABS unit (again this could be normal and looks like it is designed this way to allow for flex/movement):

Every thing looks standard to me, including the exposed wiring loom to the ABS unit. The braided hoses are not standard, something has been change their. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Senoj said:
ELA, you paperwork says the car weighs 1275kg? But the corner weights add up to more at 1450kg ?

I asked Steve the same question and his response was and I quote:
"I wouldn't be too worried about the corner weighting. That's normal"

I have emailed Teichmann to ask how the car was configured at the time of weighing. The 1275kg is correct but I just want to know if this included fuel, front cage extension... Stock the cars are 1375kg so the weight quoted sounds about right to me.

ELA said:
Senoj said:

I asked Steve the same question and his response was and I quote:
"I wouldn't be too worried about the corner weighting. That's normal"

I have emailed Teichmann to ask how the car was configured at the time of weighing. The 1275kg is correct but I just want to know if this included fuel, front cage extension... Stock the cars are 1375kg so the weight quoted sounds about right to me.

Depends on wether it had fuel in it or driver ballast. I doubt they took the fuel out? And if it was corner weighted then they must have put some driver ballast in there or whats the point. Porsche quote curb weights i think so add 70kg driver and 50 litres of fuel at say 35kg, air con and any other options and 1375 is now over 1500 ish. 225kg reduction from there is quite a bit.

I was having a little look at the car today. I removed the airbox today to get a closer look at the engine. To me it seems that 1-2 ancillaries have been removed and thus may be contributing to the weight loss. From the pictures below does anyone know if this is the case?
36845597140_80283da004_b.jpg

36429319383_19943c092c_b.jpg

I measured the throw between neutral position and then 3rd, which was 44mm (measured from the upper surface of the gear knob as per pic below. Does anyone know if this shorter than standard as it really a short throw (real rifle bolt action)?
36429318753_fbe8af0b2e_b.jpg

Is this filter in the CUP/GenII airbox standard (a paper element with a foam outer layer).
36429318563_97ddd16766_b.jpg

[imghttps://farm5.staticflickr.com/4362/36845595750_6548050574_b.jpg[/img]

Throttle assembly measures around 90mm⌀? is this stock?
36845595620_2be9e26001_b.jpg

36845595460_7338ee6211_b.jpg

I have no idea why the first 2 and last 2 images have turned 90deg :?: so my apologies for any neck injuries caused :D

Air con compressor and steering pump are absent by the looks of it. :lol: Seems to , not certain, have standard engine mounts which is a bit odd considering the lengths gone to? TB diameter is 82mm standard, your ruler seems to be measuring the rubber connector rather than the inside diameter of the TB? , i think 97 cup car is 82mm also Shift throw looks standard.

Senoj said:
Air con compressor and steering pump are absent by the looks of it. :lol: Seems to , not certain, have standard engine mounts which is a bit odd considering the lengths gone to? TB diameter is 82mm standard, your ruler seems to be measuring the rubber connector rather than the inside diameter of the TB? , i think 97 cup car is 82mm also Shift throw looks standard.

Sorry Senoj, the camera angle doesn't show the throttle too well. It could quite possibly be 82mm though as I was measuring as per the photo but it certainly seemed more toward 90mm rather than 80.
Engine mounts are defo stock as I have the RSS ones fitted on my 996 so know what these look like :thumb:
I also have a 997SSK on my 996 which is what made me question what is fitted to the RS as it seems really precise and short.
I guess the AC system as PAS system would weight a fair amount? (I really need to find out how the car was configured when it was last weighed at 1274.5kg).
Many thanks for your help :thumb:

This is the PAS system now fitted. All I know is it from a CUP car. Which Cup car I have no idea :?:
36406316014_c40bee53ce_b.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back