Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Praise for OPC Newcastle.

imp75

I was in Porsche Newcastle for three hours today. I had been planning on swapping my wheels over a couple.of weekends ago but could I get the locking wheel nuts off with the rest of them on the front? Could I hell - to make matters worse in the process I split the locking key!

Eventually I got round to calling the dealership on Friday and they said just drop by and they 'll see if they can get me a new key and release the nuts.

I dropped by this lunch time and was told the techs were on lunch for an hour so I agreed to call back an hour later. Having spent 10 mins in the workshop one of the guys came out and agreed the wheel bolts were on too tight, they had destroyed a couple of their locking keys too, this was when I started to get that sinking feeling......I went in expecting to pay 20 quid for a new key, they then said they d have to break my old ones off and I'd need to buy a new set or replace with plain bolts, reluctantly I said I'd pay 50 quid for a new set. Turned out they didn't have any. So I said stick four plain ones in for 24 quid. After an hour they were still struggling, the technician came over and said it's not going well, I told them they were last people to put the wheels on (when they replaced a drop link and a wheel bearing) after another 45 mins I was told my bolts had def been over tightened as the collars on my mine had been crushed! After re iterating the fact they been last people to touch the wheels the service dept must 've put their heads together and he came back and said I'd get a full cars worth of bolts and the Labour for free then - about 300 quids worth in my estimate Score! Despite the problem originating from previous work, my satisfaction was won from the no-quibble resolution, no arguments no hassle. I was very impressed. I did have visions of being presented with a bill of 150 quid at one point!

Anyway, thanks to Newcastle OPC for sorting it out.

nice result :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back