Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New wheels

gadgetJunky72 said:
Here comes the stupid question....

How do i find the sensor id? Do i need to take the tyres off to read it on the sensor or can i get it off the onboard computer?

Thanks

Pav

I think you will have to remove the tyres - however.......
I'm pretty sure that as long as you get 433Mhz sensors the system will self learn.
Providing the individual sensor id's allows the supplier to clone your original sensors and as long as you refit the new sensors in the original position on the car it will not need to learn the new sensor output. I believe that is the only difference.
More info is available here:
http://autogem.co.uk/tpms-zone/i-sensor-introduction/

gadgetJunky72 said:
Martian said:
Huh?

RF frequency that the TPMS sensors use !!

However take care because I believe that newer models (post 2010 ??) use a different frequency.

I had Revolution Porsche in Brighouse to code out the alarm, been driving for fifty years without knowing my tyre pressures on the move :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back