Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Connecting IPhone 6 to Porsche satnav head unit...

decwright91

Hi all! I'm a new user to this forum so firstly I'd like to say a big hello to everyone :)
After a few months of trying to find the "right one" , I eventually went and bought my first Porsche yesterday. Its a 996 C4S. Very very impressed with the car, just one thing that's bugging me, I want to play the music from my IPhone 6 through the stereo and obviously there's no AUX point.
The head unit is the Porsche navigation unit with the phone SIM card slot etc, I don't really want to change the unit as I quite like it, anyone on here managed to do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I know this subjects probably been covered hundreds of times before but after looking through plenty of posts on plenty of forums, no one seems to give a straight answer, thanks in advance! :thumbs:

Welcome.

Assuming that it is a 2003 onwards car with the MOST optical interconnects then the solution is sadly not a cheap and easy one unless something has changed since I last looked.

Search for Mobridge and Dension - that'll put you on the trail of the most commonly discussed solutions. :thumb:

Personally I wouldn't rule out a new head unit until you have been through the options and costs though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back