Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Problem with passenger door mirror

Matthew smith

I'm having trouble with my passenger door mirror, it no longer dips when reversing and automatically goes to its highest position looking at the sky as soon as you unlock the car. I have reset the mirror several times as per the manual and reset the driving position and reversing position to my key but no joy. Just wondered if anyone has had this problem and knew of an easy solution before I have to take it to Hatfield Porsche centre. It's a 997 gen 1.

I would appreciate any advice, thanks

Matt

Sound like you actually saved the normal looking horizontal as the "dipped" setting, so when not dipped it resets to what it thinks is horizontal, but is in fact "up".

Matthew smith said:
I'm having trouble with my passenger door mirror, it no longer dips when reversing and automatically goes to its highest position looking at the sky as soon as you unlock the car. I have reset the mirror several times as per the manual and reset the driving position and reversing position to my key but no joy. Just wondered if anyone has had this problem and knew of an easy solution before I have to take it to Hatfield Porsche centre. It's a 997 gen 1.

I would appreciate any advice, thanks

Matt

This is exactly what mine is doing, did you ever find a fix?

Yes, I know its an old thread :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back