Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Acquired a little something from 1965... wheel help please!

NinjaPower said:
You are all far too kind!

Thanks for the comments.

I have to say, I was more excited about getting this car than I was about pretty much any other car I've had.

That is a lovely piece of Porsche history you've got there and the perfect companion for the 993........reckon you've got the balance perfect......well maybe add 997 GT3 RS 4.0 just for completeness....

Don't change the wheel/tyre combo :thumbs:

Hi Ninj,
nice car.
Crazy.

Id honestly say, get some nice steels man.
They look so right on a 912
However, if Fuch is your poison, 15's are going for big bucks atm.
Get ahold of Matthew at Type911 in Beckenham, and put some copies on it.
The benefit being if one gets damaged, theyre easy to source.

As Stutts says steelies are nice and reps are a good option. Try SSP they have very good copies of early sixes(complete with the heart detail by the valve) in 6x15.Another cool choice and I think Purple enemy on the 964 forum had a set..... minilites.I had a set on a 65 912 they looked nice and *period*.
LOVE the trim,congrats.

loverly looking car :D You'll have some fun with that

Get yourself on DDK for loads of 912 / early 911 advice

btw, not completely stock spec, front bumper / spoiler is from a 72/73 car and seats look like later style recaros ( reps ? )

Beautiful 912, I don't know if I have seen a nicer one.

None of my business, but if I was going to change the wheels, I would go back to the correct ones for the car, steels with hubcap. The car is more about lively handling than grip and power, so the steel wheels suit the driving style and looks better than Fuchs. A set of Fuchs on there will make any 911 enthusiast think that the rest of the car is wrong also, if the wheels are wrong.

I have a 72 911 and your front bumper is the same as mine. I believe the earlier poster was correct that your bumper is not from a 65.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back