Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

i've fallen out of love with my 997T. maybe a conversion like this might be cheaper than replacing it.

gadgetJunky72 said:
i've fallen out of love with my 997T. maybe a conversion like this might be cheaper than replacing it.
Still not loving the Tip, GJ?

~ Maxie

gadgetJunky72 said:

Hmm not sure about that. I've probably spent 10 grand already and as you can see I've got a way to go yet. I'd say another 15 grand at least!

What is it you don't like about the car? I love the way it drives etc I just don't like the look of the standard car so much.

isysman said:
...I love the way it drives etc I just don't like the look of the standard car so much.

Once you've owned a turbo for a while it starts to look/feel very ordinary next to GT3s or other marque exotica, especially if it's in a safe colour - £25k seems like an awful lot to spend but I'm liking what you've done so far... :thumb:

chimp911 said:
isysman said:
...I love the way it drives etc I just don't like the look of the standard car so much.

Once you've owned a turbo for a while it starts to look/feel very ordinary next to GT3s or other marque exotica, especially if it's in a safe colour - £25k seems like an awful lot to spend but I'm liking what you've done so far... :thumb:

Yes it is a lot and if I had it all in the bank and I had to write the cheque in one go I don't think I could do it. However I'm doing it over a few years so it's a few grand here and there so it doesn't seem so bad. Makes sense right? Haha

Dropped the car off today at Tech9 for the rear bumper conversion. Worst thing is I have to go overseas maybe Thursday and they don't think it will be ready by then. So they are going to deliver it to my house. But it means I'll have to wait 10 weeks before I can see the job! Doh!

isysman said:
Yes it is a lot and if I had it all in the bank and I had to write the cheque in one go I don't think I could do it. However I'm doing it over a few years so it's a few grand here and there so it doesn't seem so bad. Makes sense right? Haha

Loving the man-maths... We are all good at this :)

I'm not usually a fan of such things, but I love your car and the bits you have done to it so far.

I think the Turbo looks better than the GT2 myself, and for me your car right now is about perfect.

What happened to the video?

Maxie said:
gadgetJunky72 said:
Still not loving the Tip, GJ?

~ Maxie
more what chimp911 said "Once you've owned a turbo for a while it starts to look/feel very ordinary next to GT3s or other marque exotica".

apollokre1d said:
Really enjoying this thread, thanks for the effort you've put into it.
Do you mind my asking how much the performance mods all cost? (Including the exhaust and intercooler replacements)

Sorry missed this post earlier. Exhaust is about £2100 but I hear they have changed their UK supplier to 9M but not 100% sure about that currently.

DMS work would be about £4500 but I'm not sure as prices change. Best to contact DMS for pricing.

Nytol said:
I'm not usually a fan of such things, but I love your car and the bits you have done to it so far.

I think the Turbo looks better than the GT2 myself, and for me your car right now is about perfect.

What happened to the video?

Not sure what happened to the video link but there is a working link in my signature.

Impressive figures - I'd have wanted the test done before the exhaust swap to get a true baseline and then with and without the sport function to see what extra that truly gives - in this case no such thing as TMI :thumb:

chimp911 said:
Impressive figures - I'd have wanted the test done before the exhaust swap to get a true baseline and then with and without the sport function to see what extra that truly gives - in this case no such thing as TMI :thumb:

Time constraints really. If we'd run the car in the morning to get the figures which I wanted to do, we would have had to wait for the car to cool down. As it was we were in the workshop from 8:30am until after 7:00pm at night.

Youve must have more money than sense.Im not even sure what it is youre trying to do.But hey,each to his own.

Big Jock said:
Youve must have more money than sense.Im not even sure what it is youre trying to do.But hey,each to his own.

The answer is in the title.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back