Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Usage?

Infradev

Hi Guys,

Quick question.....how often do you use your Porsche?

I have a 13 plate 981 and I just dont seem to use it. I dont like leaving it places other than my home for fear of vandalism, parking damage etc and therefore I just use one of my vans to go everywhere.

I want to use it more but I always seem to come up with an excuse about why I cant drive it places.

Does anyone else have a phobia of using the car or is it just me lol I have only done about 800 miles in it and it seems like a big pit of money for so little usage

Thanks.

Adam

You don't need to park it anywhere.

Just get in it, drive it and take it back home.

75% of my Porsche mileage is racked up by doing just that. Most of the other 25% involves taking it to events where loads of other Porsches are parked.

:bye:

I can understand that Adam, I don't think it's unusual either. We use ours for shopping, etc, and I wouldn't let a concern about damage prevent me from using it.

But I am paranoid about where I park it. I'm the guy who parks at the far end of the supermarket car park even if it's raining and we'll get soaked. And other daft things like that. At some point it's going to wear off and the more we use the car the quicker that will be.

I guess you feel like that because you don't use the car and hence it's "special". Get some miles in, maybe the odd country pub meal and before you know it you'll be loading up at Tesco's.....

Brian

Thanks for the feedback guys......I will try to use it a bit more I think.

Problem is vans are awesome for a daily drive lol

+1 for 'parking at the other end of the car park!

I would also add, I prefer / don't mind parking next to other Porsches or expensive cars and NEVER, EVER next to people wagons or cars that could end up having children slamming their doors into my car!

We have 2 cars in our family, the Mrs has a Freelander (but has totally fallen in love with the idea of a Macan!), & my CaymanS is my daily drive. So I commute to work, go to the shops, dads taxi etc etc. Yes, I'm a tad wary of parking places in Tesco car parks etc but not overly paranoid. A car is there to be driven, not endlessly fretted over.

Glad someone suffers from the same paranoia as me! I'm so nervous about leaving her parked anywhere, but I tend to go out for a drive just for that purpose.

This morning I've just been along the coast, stopped briefly in a few viewing points and she's filthy now! If I go into town I know exactly which bits of which car parks to park in and which to avoid.

It is true that they are there to be used, so go enjoy it.

Hello All

Interesting post, I came on for a look to ask the exact opposite. We bought a new Cayman in March for my other half to use as a daily driver and for a bit of weekend use. Since then she has had to increase her mileage and is currently projected to do at least 15K a year for work!
The car is great and is now around 7-8K and the best decision we have made for cars.

We just are very aware of where it is parked and park next to the most expensive well looked after car in the car park if there is no isolated parking spaces.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back