Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zentrum Porsche, Nottingham

DaveH911

Hockenheim
Just had a run over to Zentrum and had a chat with Mike the proprietor. A very honest and pleasant chap and a lovely set up. Although very busy, he took time out to explain how he likes to run his Business and to show me around. Will definitely be taking my turbo there as and when necessary for routine maintenance and servicing. :thumb:

madalaa said:
..... and I daresay be getting a nice discount ....... ;)

:floor:

So cynical, but as they say anyone can talk the talk ask HWM :grin:

Would be good to get feedback after you have used them :thumb:

jonttt said:
madalaa said:
..... and I daresay be getting a nice discount ....... ;)

:floor:

So cynical, but as they say anyone can talk the talk ask HWM :grin:

Would be good to get feedback after you have used them :thumb:

I won't be expecting any discount, just value for money and somebody who will respect and look after my pride and joy i.e. somebody who takes 5 bolts out and puts 5 bolts back when they're finished.

My car is booked in for some routine maintenance in a few weeks time. I'll advise again thereafter.

Re zentrum discount

I have already posted on the forum on a few occasions that zentrum run a very good and accomplished Porsche servicing and repair centre.... But got no discount yet :(
Although what iv been charged for a full ppi, service, and maintenance is very reasonable and the customer service from mike and the other guys is really good

I'll be honest, I do my own maintenance now, having tried 3 different indies ( below ) and not been 100% happy with either.

1. Said after a full service mine would be like a different car, no idea why, it felt exactly the same after helping me out of 650£. Also they noticed there was a steering shake and told me the wheels probably needed balancing - so why didnt you do it then???
2. Overfilled the coolant so when I got home there was a puddle of coolant hissing out the car, I feared the worst, but it was ok.
3. Managed to put the rear wheel bolts so tight, I actually sheared an extension trying to remove them, also it had gained a dent in the front wing..

ahhh..

So, I don't trust anyone on my car tbh, I feel I know it better than anyone else.

I do my own oil, brakes, suspension, air con, plugs, exhaust, lambdas, filters, belts, etc etc

The only problem is that is no longer has a complete service history stamped book. which was the main reason I took it in.

I might give in a get an opc minor next time it needs an oil change to get new stamp, if I can get a decent hire car, more for the hire car tbh.

I've used Zentrum a few times now and I have always received excellent service, Mike is very helpful and doesn't appear to want to get every last bit of cash out of you, no complaints whatsoever.

I have used Zentrum for the last 6 years with no problems. Last year I had a full engine rebuild plus clutch, which had never worked satisfactorily, new tin wear and other bits on my 964 all done by mike. I "ran in" the car for 1,000 miles then did a 3,000 mile European trip without a single problem.

Trev. F

As I posted recently I dropped by with my 997.1 TT to ask Mike to listen to an engine noise and he broke of from work to go for a run and reassure it was a natural characteristic of the car. Very helpful and will be going there for my maintenance.

I also have a mate who has used them for years and even started sending his wife VW golf there servicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back