Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2014 Race 18 & 19 Brands Hatch

Porsche News

Brands Hatch title decider for Carrera Cup GB

Josh Webster heads Michael Meadows by just four points
Two races on Grand Prix circuit to decide the title
Peter Kyle-Henney and Steven Liquorish to battle for Pro-Am2 crown

The overall title race between Josh Webster and Michael Meadows in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB will be settled at Brands Hatch (11/12 October) in the final two races of the 2014 season.

It really is winner takes all in the deciding two races for the latest type-991 911 GT3 Cups and either Webster or Meadows will end the weekend as overall champion. Meanwhile, Peter Kyle-Henney and Steven Liquorish will finish their season-long contest for the Pro-Am2 crown.

The two overall title contenders have come to the 2014 season from very different angles. Webster (Redline Racing) won the Carrera Cup Scholarship for this season as he made the switch from single-seater racing. Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing), meanwhile, started the season as reigning double champion.

Now, after 17 races, Webster heads into the final two races with a slender four-point lead over Meadows. Webster has been on the podium in every race bar one, while Meadows suffered set-backs at Croft and Rockingham. Meadows has now clawed back the points' gap and can be sure of the title by beating Webster in both races.

Conversely, Webster knows he must beat his more experienced rival at least once at Brands, though the extra points for pole positions and fastest laps could also impact upon the outcome. Meadows has shown stunning qualifying pace once more this season and will be determined to start the weekend with another two points. Meanwhile, Webster will not give up his championship lead without a major fight and is the first Scholarship driver to challenge for the overall title in his Scholarship season.

However, this is not just a two-way contest in terms of race results. Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) are battling for third in the points and both have the potential to win: Rees won at Rockingham last month. Add in Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) and guest racer Dan Cammish (Team Parker Racing) and the stage is set for a real cliff-hanger.

In the Pro-Am1 category, Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) clinched the title last time out at Silverstone, but the battle is on between Rob Smith and Jordan Witt from Redline Racing for the runner-up position. Smith and Witt have both shown great form in part-seasons, while Irishman Karl Leonard (Team Parker Racing) is also in the mix if he races this weekend.

Over in Pro-Am2, the title race is far too close to call as the season-long contest between Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) is set to be resolved. The permutations are many and varied as the Pro-Am2 drivers count only the scores from their best seven race weekends, so dropped scores are a major factor. Kyle-Henney has a slight lead following the most recent races at Silverstone, but anything could happen at Brands.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB – the title permutations

Josh Webster and Michael Meadows fight for the overall title
Peter Kyle-Henney and Steven Liquorish battle for Pro-Am2
Paul Rees and Victor Jimenez contest third place overall

The contest for the overall and Pro-Am2 titles within the Porsche Carrera Cup GB will be resolved during the final two rounds at Brands Hatch (11/12 October), and these are the points' permutations.

Overall drivers' championship

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) and Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) are the contenders, with Webster holding a four-point lead going to Brands Hatch. All scores count and there is a maximum possible weekend score of 44 points for two poles, two wins and two fastest laps. To be champion, Meadows must out-score Webster by at least four points over the two races.

If they are level on points, Meadows would win on a tie-break due to a greater number of race wins. Points are scored on the basis of 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 to the first 15 finishers, with an additional point for each pole position and fastest lap in each race.

Meanwhile, the battle for third place is between Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) and Rees goes to Brands with a 21-point advantage. Jimenez must out-score Rees by 22 points to take third place.

Pro-Am2 championship

The situation in Pro-Am2 is very close between Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing). Drivers in Pro-Am2 count only their best seven weekend scores and a perfect weekend score in Pro-Am2 is 24 points: 10 for each win plus one point for each pole and one point for each fastest lap. From the best seven scores so far, Kyle-Henney has a three-point lead. However, Kyle-Henney now has to drop a 17-point score, while Liquorish has to drop a 12-point score, so Liquorish currently holds a slight advantage.

Attachments

• brandf03_200.jpg
    brandf03_200.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 19,149
  • brandf02_179.jpg
    brandf02_179.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19,149
  • brandf00_692.jpg
    brandf00_692.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 19,149
Cammish tops Carrera Cup GB qualifying at Brands Hatch

Dan Cammish takes double pole in thrilling session
Josh Webster claims two pole points to extend advantage to six points
Peter Kyle-Henney takes important double pole in Pro-Am2

Dan Cammish made a tremendous debut in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB when he claimed two pole positions in a drama-filled qualifying session at Brands Hatch today (Saturday 11 October).

While guest racer Cammish (Team Parker Racing) set the standard on a track that dried throughout the session, Josh Webster (Redline Racing) set second best time for both races and, importantly, took the two pole points to stretch his championship lead over third-fastest Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) to six points ahead of Sunday's deciding pair of races.

Rob Smith (Redline Racing) was top of the Pro-Am1 runners while Pete Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) delivered a great performance to take both Pro-Am2 poles and move level with category rival Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) once dropped scores are factored in.

The session was the most dramatic of the season as conditions improved lap by lap and the times tumbled. A mid-session red flag when Jake Hill (In2 Racing) slid off into the gravel added further to the tension. Cammish did a fantastic job to claim both poles from Webster and Meadows to set up the prospect of two thrilling races on Sunday. Spanish racers Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) and Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) shared fourth and fifth places on the two grids.

While Smith set the standard in Pro-Am1, second and third places in the category were shared by Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) and Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing).

Dan Cammish (Team Parker Racing) fastest overall:
'It wasn't a nice position as a driver because the track evolves every lap. I thought I'd missed the boat on the second set of tyres. But then I was four-tenths up on the back straight and I just had to hang on around the rest of the lap. It's a fantastic result and I'm really pleased for the whole team."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) second fastest overall:
'I had to really work at that: the track conditions were changing every lap. I got more time on my second set of tyres and got the lap in. That is so crucial for the championship, so I'm really happy."

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) third fastest overall:
'That's not ideal and wasn't part of our script. Mid-way through the session we were okay but I think we were too late onto the second set of tyres. The pole points would have made it easier."

Rob Smith (Redline Racing) fastest in Pro-Am1:
'I'm a lot happier than I was after testing yesterday. Today was just about making the right call with the tyres and it was difficult. But it was amazing how much grip there was in the damp."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) fastest in Pro-Am2:
'Yesterday in testing I just didn't get on top of the car. But what a difference a day makes. It was so important to get heat into the tyres. That brings us exactly level on points, so I'm a very happy man."

Attachments

• brandf05_101.jpg
    brandf05_101.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19,008
  • brandf04_180.jpg
    brandf04_180.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 19,008
Porsche Carrera Cup GB – the title permutations: update

Josh Webster and Michael Meadows fight for the overall title
Peter Kyle-Henney and Steven Liquorish battle for Pro-Am2
Paul Rees and Victor Jimenez contest third place overall

The contest for the overall and Pro-Am2 titles within the Porsche Carrera Cup GB will be resolved during the final two rounds at Brands Hatch (Sunday 12 October), and these are the updated points' permutations following qualifying on Saturday (11 October).

Overall drivers' championship
Josh Webster (Redline Racing) and Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) are the contenders, with Webster holding a six-point lead after qualifying at Brands Hatch. All scores count and there is now a maximum possible score of 42 points available for two wins and two fastest laps. To be champion, Meadows must out-score Webster by at least six points over the two races.

If they are level on points, Meadows would win on a tie-break due to a greater number of race wins. Points are scored on the basis of 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 to the first 15 finishers, with an additional point for fastest lap in each race.

Meanwhile, the battle for third place is between Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) and Rees has a 21-point advantage. Jimenez must out-score Rees by 22 points to take third place.

Pro-Am2 championship
The situation in Pro-Am2 is extremely close between Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing). Kyle-Henney took both pole positions in qualifying at Brands Hatch.

Drivers in Pro-Am2 count only their best seven weekend scores and the available score in Pro-Am2 on Sunday is now 22 points: 10 for each win plus one point for each fastest lap. Pro-Am2 position points are scored on the basis of 10-9-8-7-6, etc.

From the best seven scores so far, Kyle-Henney had a three-point lead before qualifying. However, Kyle-Henney now has to drop a 17-point score, while Liquorish has to drop a 12-point score. With Kyle-Henney taking two points for two poles today (11 October), they are effectively level and so whichever driver scores the most points on Sunday will be champion. If they end the day tied on points, the title would be decided on the tie-break of the greater number of wins. Currently, Liquorish has scored five wins and Kyle-Henney has scored four wins.

Attachments

• pccgb14_182.jpg
    pccgb14_182.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 19,003
Cammish takes Carrera Cup GB victory at Brands Hatch

Dan Cammish takes debut victory at Brands Hatch
Josh Webster scores maximum points to extend advantage to 11 points
Jordan Witt and Will Goff win in Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2

Dan Cammish scored an emphatic victory in the penultimate round of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Brands Hatch this morning (Sunday 12 October). However the biggest winner was Josh Webster who took maximum points to increase his championship lead over Michael Meadows to 11 points with one race to run.

On a track that started damp but dried as the race progressed, Cammish (Team Parker Racing) narrowly beat Webster (Redline Racing) on the rush to the first corner but matters were worse for Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) as he was bundled back to fifth by Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) and Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport).

While Cammish and Webster edged away there was some tense battling for third and it took many laps for Meadows to find a way around Massot. By then, Jimenez was clear in third though Meadows closed in over the later stages. But finishing fourth and taking the points for third was a big blow to his title bid.

Massot dropped away in fifth after a strong performance but was clear of Paul Rees (In2 Racing) as Jordan Witt battled ahead of his Redline Racing team mate Rob Smith to win Pro-Am1.

The contest for Pro-Am2 raged all race as Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) battled ahead of early leader Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport). But then Will Goff (In2 Racing) worked up into contention and fought his way ahead as the three cars ran nose-to-tail for many laps. In the closing laps, Kyle-Henney tagged the back of Liquorish at Surtees and both cars spun. Kyle-Henney rejoined ahead to take second but was later docked two championship points to leave him level with Liquorish going into the final race.

Dan Cammish (Team Parker Racing) overall:
'It was really slippery getting off the line and that was the most difficult part. Josh was never going to have that first corner! Then I was being careful and managing the gap and it was a matter of keeping it on the track."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) second overall:
'That's ideal. I knew Dan wasn't scoring so no way was I going after him. I got the pit board telling me I hadn't got fastest lap, so I had to go for that. I thought I had a puncture mid-race with big oversteer. It's a nice little buffer going into the final race."

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) fourth overall:
'It was maybe a bit greasier on our side of the grid and Pepe got by. Once I got ahead of him I pulled them back. It's not over yet and I just need to keep fighting."

Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) first in Pro-Am1:
'The car was awesome from the start, but it wasn't easy. I was about six seconds behind Rob at one point and I had to gather my thoughts and go after him."

Rob Smith (Redline Racing) second in Pro-Am1:
'That was just difficult. I made three or four mistakes by getting off line and that let Jordan through. The track was so difficult."

Will Goff (In2 Racing) first in Pro-Am2:
'That was absolutely brilliant: a lot of fun. I had a slight game plan to bide my time at the beginning and it worked out. It was a great race."

Attachments

• brandf08_711.jpg
    brandf08_711.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 18,998
  • brandf07_137.jpg
    brandf07_137.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 18,998
  • brandf06_201.jpg
    brandf06_201.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 18,998
Webster Takes Carrera Cup 2014 Title

20-year-old Josh Webster has clinched the Porsche Carrera Cup title for 2014 with two 2nd places in the final races of the season at Brands Hatch. Michael Meadows was the only other driver capable of beating him and although Meadows beat Webster into 2nd in the final race, he still accrued enough points from both races, together with a fastest lap, to take the crown.

Two Spaniards were competing in the Pro category - regular Victor Jiminez, who landed a 3rd in Race 1 battled Pepe Massot who joined the series part-way through the year. Jordan Witt took the ProAm1 win in the first race but was the only non-finisher in the rain-drenched final race where George Webster took the honours. Will Goff and Steve Liquorish shared the ProAm 2 wins.

Dan Cammish was the guest driver in the number zeo car, once again run by Team Parker Racing, and took the Race 1 win in emphatic style 3.5 seconds ahead of Webster. Having taken the Formula Ford Championship title last season, Cammish has plenty of race experience - but none in the 991, the latest variant of Porsche's most successful race car, so his double pole plus a debut win was all the more impressive.

Meanwhile race regular Paul Rees has been granted a seat in Porsche Supercup, one of the support races in the FIA Formula 1 calendar, at the US Grand Prix at Austin, Texas on 1st/2nd November. Rees hopes to do another season of Carrera Cup next year with a few Supercup rounds thrown in for good measure.

More 991 Cups will be arriving in the UK in March and the series hopes to see larger grids for the 2014 season.

Watched it :thumb: good driving on slicks in the rain ... they are not the best of friends by the looks of it .

Webster wins Carrera Cup GB title at Brands Hatch

Michael Meadows wins the season finale in tough conditions
Scholarship racer Josh Webster takes championship title
George Brewster and Steven Liquorish win in Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2

While Michael Meadows won the race, Josh Webster won the championship crown in a dramatic Porsche Carrera Cup GB season finale in the rain of Brands Hatch this afternoon (Sunday 12 October).

In Pro-Am1, George Brewster (Welch Motorsport) took victory as increasing rain made track conditions challenging and some drivers pitted to change to wet weather tyres. Meanwhile, Steven Liquorish (Redline Racing) won Pro-Am2 and sealed the category title by a single point from Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport).

The rain had started by the time the grid assembled but all drivers stayed on slicks for the rolling start. Dan Cammish (Team Parker Racing) shot clear at the start and went clear as Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) worked ahead of title rival Webster (Redline Racing). Behind them, a fierce battle raged between Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport), Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing) and Jake Hill (In2 Racing) who had stormed up from the back of the grid in spectacular style.

Up front, Cammish elected to pit after nine laps as the rain increased. He opted to change to wet tyres, but conditions then stabilised and it ultimately proved to be the wrong call. Meadows and Webster stayed out on slicks and ran to the flag for first and second, while Hill claimed an impressive third place.

There was some mighty battling in Pro-Am1 and through it all came Brewster to claim a cracking victory after battling ahead of Rob Smith (Redline Racing). Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) made the early running in Pro-Am2 from Liquorish and Will Goff (In2 Racing). However, Kyle-Henney made the call to go for wets while Liquorish stayed out and was able to clinch the Pro-Am2 title by the smallest of margins.

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) first overall:
'It's been me and Josh at the front all year. I tried to give the other guys an opportunity to get up to us and fight with Josh. I knew he'd make it easy for me to get past, but he's done very well all year."

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) second overall:
'The conditions were horrendous and you just don't get any grip from the slicks. I knew we were on the same tyres and same set up, so whatever Michael did, I was going to do the same. I'm absolutely over the moon!"

George Brewster (Welch Motorsport) first in Pro-Am1:
'I knew I had to be smooth and consistent. I could see Rob Smith ahead and I knew if he stayed out, I should as well. When you've done a lot of racing at Knockhill, you get plenty of experience of conditions like that. It's a great result."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) first in Pro-Am2:
'It was very, very slippery but I made the call to stay out. The team called me in and for about the first time this season I saw the pit board. But I decided it wasn't wet enough and I'd driven in those conditions on slicks before."

Attachments

• brandf09_120.jpg
    brandf09_120.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 18,992
  • brandf10_824.jpg
    brandf10_824.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 18,992
  • brandf11_199.jpg
    brandf11_199.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18,992
Josh Webster the 2014 Porsche Carrera Cup GB Champion

Josh Webster is first Carrera Cup Scholar to win the overall title
Steven Liquorish wins Pro-Am2 title by one point
Paul Rees clinches third in overall standings

Josh Webster is the 2014 Porsche Carrera Cup GB champion after a truly challenging final pair of races on the Grand Prix circuit at Brands Hatch (12 October). In the face of a major challenge from defending champion Michael Meadows, Webster became the first driver to win the crown as a Carrera Cup Scholarship racer.

It has been an amazing season for the Suffolk racer, who marked his 20th birthday before the season started. Racing alongside Meadows at Redline Racing, Webster quickly adapted to the new type-991 911 GT3 Cup and was one of only two drivers to finish each of the 19 races. He scored 18 podium finishes and one fourth place in a season of incredible consistency, taking five wins at Donington Park, Croft and Snetterton. Webster also starred when the series took in a very high-profile support race at the Le Mans 24-hour in June, finishing second to Ben Barker among the Carrera Cup GB racers.

'I want to say a big thank you to Redline Racing, the Nine Group, James Palmer and everyone for getting me here," said Webster after clinching the title in very difficult track conditions. 'What a fantastic result! It was the worst possible conditions to race in. Michael has been a fantastic competitor all year and I've got a lot of respect for him."

On a day of top quality race action played out in front of another packed BTCC crowd and live TV cameras, Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) won the Pro-Am2 title by just one point after a season long battle with Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport).

'Luckily for me, Peter and Will Goff decided to pit for wets when the rain came in the final race and I stuck with my decision to stay out on slicks," said Liquorish. 'It's been a fantastic season and for it to come down to the last race of the season and the result to swing my way is brilliant. All credit goes to Team Parker Racing and it has been great to have a battle with Peter. We've had our ups and downs but you'd rather have it that way than romp off with the points' lead. The Le Mans race was the highlight of the season for me: winning there and coming 27th out of 63 cars was incredible."

Kyle-Henney, meanwhile, drove a superb campaign in only his second season of racing to show what can be done to overcome lack of racing experience with determination and the backing of a strong team.

The contest for third overall in the drivers' standings was settled in the final race as Paul Rees (In2 Racing) ended his debut Porsche season with third and an eight-point margin over Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing). Rees joined Webster as the only two drivers to finish each of the 19 races.

Webster's performance at Brands Hatch earned him the 'driver of the weekend' award and Redline Racing was named as 'team of the weekend'. Jimenez won a set of tyres as part of Michelin's long-standing support of the championship. Before the start of testing at each race weekend, a name is drawn from a hat to receive the tyres, with a value of more than £1200.

Provisional final Carrera Cup GB championship points:
Overall: 1 Josh Webster 357; 2 Michael Meadows 348; 3 Paul Rees 250.
Pro-Am1: 1 Justin Sherwood 132; 2 Rob Smith 91; 3 Jordan Witt 76.
Pro-Am2: 1 Steven Liquorish 132; 2 Peter Kyle-Henney 131; 3 Will Goff 68.
Teams: 1 Redline Racing 599; 2 In2 Racing 416; 3 Samsung UHD TV Racing 348.

Attachments

• brandf12_204.jpg
    brandf12_204.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 18,795
  • brandf13_228.jpg
    brandf13_228.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 18,795

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member