Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vehicle tax changes from 01 Oct 2014: new rules & fines

I'm sad enough to want to keep the tax disc that I had 09/11 and display that. Was my favourite (how sad!) one, as the 993 wasn;t available in 09/93 in the UK, and certainly wouldn;t have had a tax disk running out then.

09/96 on the other hand for those 996 owners as sad as me might suit.

If you are sad like me and arranged your RFL to run out in 2011 in September, you'll have a nice 09/11 tax disk kicking around which you can display.

Toying with picking up an 09/93 one too (difficult to find but they are out there!)

I had to read the above comment twice to understand it haha but yeah, that's pretty cool even if some people wouldnt catch it straight away :)

RobIpswichUK said:
I'm sad enough to want to keep the tax disc that I had 09/11 and display that.

Me too :oops:

Since the tax disc doesn't exist any more, surely you can just print whatever you want and stick it in the holder. If you want one which looks like a tax disc and has 9/93 go for it.

MC

RobIpswichUK said:
I'm sad enough to want to keep the tax disc that I had 09/11 and display that. Was my favourite (how sad!) one, as the 993 wasn;t available in 09/93 in the UK, and certainly wouldn;t have had a tax disk running out then.

09/96 on the other hand for those 996 owners as sad as me might suit.

No 996 in 1996 either.

The online system crashed on Day 1.

Apparently it was due to a combination of lots of people thinking it was the only way to renew their tax (so they didn't go to post offices) and thousands of others - after hearing the news for the first time - checking the website to see what it was all about.

Another example of the government making a significant change but not telling people about it well enough in advance.

Whatever happened to 'Public Information Films' :?:

T8 said:
Whatever happened to 'Public Information Films' :?:

Making a PIF costs money so I posit that they took a leaf out of a well known fruit's marketing strategy - "No publicity is bad publicity"

Step 1 - Allow your system / software to crash
Step 2 - Let social media / news broadcasters spread the word
Step 3 - Everyone now knows about your product / service without paying for any marketing

Job done :bandit:

They did release a video on YouTube. I hear they got Speilberg to direct, it's a big budget film!

T8 said:
I'm glad I kept this one. :thumb:

I've got one of those, and mine's already back in situ.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back