Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window Switch Failure

blackram

Trainee
I went to close my driver's side window today and the switch came off in my hand! I fitted it back in place and it worked to close the window but came of again the next time. Anyone had this problem? What do I need to do please? Or is it an expensive trip to the dealership for a new switch pack?

Mine did the same last year, I got one off ebay for about £50, wish I had bought a gen Porsche one as mine had a little rattle from the mirror switch (sorted via a tab of insulating tape) , there are a few on ebay off scrapped cars prob best option ,
I replaced mine without removing the door panel, there is a vid on you tube
(1 minute fix: Porsche broken window regulator switch)

Quiet an easy job, just a bit tight getting the electric cable off and on

Regards

Ian

Seen some pretty ham fisted attempts to remove the window switch with door card in situ, denting leather, etc.

If you can get it out cleanly, great, but it's fairly easy to remove the door card. Vids on that too. No stupid clips to break which makes a nice change.
My first attempt took me less than 10 mins.

I replaced mine last year, just followed a youtube video, it was quite simple, I then ended up replacing both of my door cards, I kept the switch unit as it was still basically brand new, if you want to cover the postage you are more than welcome to have it, can't remember if it is a genuine porsche part or not, I brought it from design 911.
Let me know if you'd like it

blackram said:
I went to close my driver's side window today and the switch came off in my hand! I fitted it back in place and it worked to close the window but came of again the next time. Anyone had this problem? What do I need to do please? Or is it an expensive trip to the dealership for a new switch pack?

A very common problem and an easy diy repair. Design911 sell both genuine and copy parts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back