Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted WANTED: 997 Registration

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.

j9sht

Silverstone
Looking for a budget friendly 997 related Reg,

ideally a 3x3 format

I've seen the one on DVLA and non taking my fancy.

Let me know what you have, cash waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a 997 plate we had this on our C4S. £300

C45 FAM

Attachments

• img_3704_458.jpg
    img_3704_458.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,747
P911 XXX
P997 XXX

Where XXX are the letters of your choice - initials, for example?

You just have to ask DVLA to put it up for auction, wait until late in the day, and buy it for standard DVLA prices - about £250 from memory.

Simples!

rickprice said:
P911 XXX
P997 XXX

Where XXX are the letters of your choice - initials, for example?

You just have to ask DVLA to put it up for auction, wait until late in the day, and buy it for standard DVLA prices - about £250 from memory.

Simples!

I don't think they do that?
I requested P911 BKR and then they said no problem it's in auction in 3 months.

Ended up costing a lot more than £250 lol

Yes they put them to auction. There is a three week duration, from memory

The trick is, as far as I can see, not to bid on it early. I did for mine. Went back and looked through it a week later. Lots of them had bids and mine had been up-bid. I presume, in my cynical way, that there is a 'not that knows which ones are being bid on and tries to win them so they can sell them back to you at profit.

So although mine did cost more, I think it was because I showed interest early. There were plenty of others going for 250-300 IIRC.

These are the last auction results - plenty in the 200-250 range.

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/auction/online.html

rickprice said:
Yes they put them to auction. There is a three week duration, from memory

The trick is, as far as I can see, not to bid on it early. I did for mine. Went back and looked through it a week later. Lots of them had bids and mine had been up-bid. I presume, in my cynical way, that there is a 'not that knows which ones are being bid on and tries to win them so they can sell them back to you at profit.

So although mine did cost more, I think it was because I showed interest early. There were plenty of others going for 250-300 IIRC.

These are the last auction results - plenty in the 200-250 range.

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/auction/online.html

There are like 10 going for that range, none of them are P911 lol.
They're just random gibberish at that price range.

If you search P911 anywhere on numberplate sites, they go for a minimum £1000. If you then have 3 letters after the p911 that make actual sense, they go for 3,000+.

For example P911 GAZ or P911 KEV, they go for huge amounts of money.

My P911 went for £600 IIRC. It was about 3-4y ago. I put in the minimum bid as soon as it started and somebody bid £500. There were 3 other Porsche-type plates (P997, P911 but random letters) and they also had £500 bids on them. I have always blamed my early bid for alerting a bot that then tried to outbid me. Maybe not, perhaps that's just what they cost.

Rich

Don't want a 7 digit, specifically looking for a 3 x 3 format.

DVLA have some left in the £399-£599 but nothing of any interest to me, was considering NNZ 997 but they sold that recently :frustrated:

If any body has a 3x3 997 reg for sale let me know what your looking for £££

I would potentially sell mine if you're interested, pm me if you like.

Attachments

• thumbnail_img_5845_359.jpg
    thumbnail_img_5845_359.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,478
If you're still looking I have [REDACTED]

C320 said:
If you're still looking I have 997 NHA.
Please PM me if it's of interest.

Thanks very much for the offer, however I've already struck a deal with Rob (THZ 997) :D

j9sht said:
C320 said:
If you're still looking I have 997 NHA.
Please PM me if it's of interest.

Thanks very much for the offer, however I've already struck a deal with Rob (THZ 997) :D

No worries, THZ 997 will look great on your motor. Mine is just going onto retention now as Ive just bought another plate and don't have anywhere near enough cars for them all ;)

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
white981gt4
Back