Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted Wanted: 997 GT3 Side Silencers Bypass

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.

Hoppum

Would like to trial deleting the side silencers before I buy a fancy valved bypass, has anyone got an old pair knocking around they’d sell me? Thanks.

You can disconnect the valve operating plug on the right hand side of the engine bay, only the rear silencer will be in the exhaust circuit and this should achieve what you are trying to do?

I guess this is what has me curious. Hence wanting to try it.

Disconnecting the valve would just be running it open all the time ie the same as just having sport mode on. However whilst the exhaust gas/sound wave now has more direct route, it still passes through the lower side of the silencer with some of it still able to 'escape' into the silencer.

As discussed here albeit regarding a 991 gt3:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/895338-sound-impact.html

Seems to be a distinct lack of videos on YouTube of cars running solely side deletes too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back