Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS calibration issue

Roro

Sebring
I’m using aftermarket TPMS sensors which are about 1 year old. I can’t remember the brand (Hamilton?), but I saw them on a thread here once, and others here have used them successfully

I noticed a while ago that they consistently read 5/6 PSI lower than the tyres really are, like today they were saying my fronts were 24 and when I checked with a digital gauge the reading was 29

Resetting the TPMS on the cars dash (“Process complete!”) doesn’t fix the issue. Are these sensors just ***** or is there a way to recalibrate them to give the correct readings?

Can’t recall if there is an option in PIWIS to do this, do you still have the frequency codes when you installed them?

I’m using aftermarket TPMS sensors which are about 1 year old. I can’t remember the brand (Hamilton?), but I saw them on a thread here once, and others here have used them successfully

I noticed a while ago that they consistently read 5/6 PSI lower than the tyres really are, like today they were saying my fronts were 24 and when I checked with a digital gauge the reading was 29

Resetting the TPMS on the cars dash (“Process complete!”) doesn’t fix the issue. Are these sensors just ***** or is there a way to recalibrate them to give the correct readings?

I've just purchased a set of Hamaton after market sensors. They are 433 MHz. They'll be fitted when I change my tyres in a few weeks time.

Keep us posted on your findings re accuracy!

My tyres are set accurately at 34 front 40 rear.

The in-car reading from my newly fitted Hamaton after-market TPMS sensors show 31 and 37 so 3 psi low on all four wheels.

I'm not happy about the situation but at least I know what the discrepancy is and can monitor changes as necessary.

Good to know. The other day I got a 24PSI “Add air!” message, and when I checked with a tyre gauge the tyre had 27.5

I just bought a dual cylinder foot pump, I find it less hassle to add a couple PSI if needed than a compressor

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back