Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thought provoking - do you agree ?

Hi,

Yep the 996 c4s is a great balance of power and looks in the 911 range 8)

Always preferred normally aspirated but the turbo is appealing :)

Had my 4S 10 years so defo a keeper :thumbs:

Driven the 997 and 991 but the 996 has a more raw feel. I can understand why 993 purists argue the case of that being the best, all subjective of course and respect for all opinions.

Enjoy the car and think hard about changing as every one I have met who has had a 996 c4s has when on hearing mine wherever I have been parked popped over and struck up a conversation reminiscing on how they miss it.

I also have a 996 C4S and have always loved the rear end view, i dont have X50 (can this be retro fitted?) is it that and am seriosly thinking of getting that retro fitted. Had mine since 2006, when she was just 4 years old. Have looked at the 997 but still love mine :dont know: not sure, i know this car is good and hasnt got any hidden gremlins.

Just moving over to the Wallingford area, and about to get Wrighttune to add the IMS and retro fitted cruise control, anyone had any experiences of them.

Paul

I'd recommend Wrighttune as used them for my 964 years ago and my new to me C4S.

They wont do unnecessary work and will help with whatever you need, oil 'leaks' for example they may suggest keeping an eye on rather than jumping right in and they were extremely competitive on price compared to other indy's I got to quote for the same work!

A relatively small operation but lots of nice cars in the workshop and the type of attitude to working with you on managing the expenses which I always look for!

Thanks Giles,

thats really useful, hope your enjoying your C4S

Off to wrightune in June

Paul

Nice to see you guys enjoying the C4S - they really do seem to be developing a niche - I have read a number of magazine articles lately and they all commend this particular model and also suggest future classic status - as the air cooled values continue to rise, I think that aft the 996 Turbo, any really nice examples will become sought after - hopeful thinking perhaps, but nevertheless realistic I believe :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back