Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Air-Cooled 996

Alex

Nordschleife
Thought this deserved a thread on it's own as it was so unique. Spotted at the RS track day at Oulton park yesterday (Friday 3rd March 2023). An air-cooled 996. This car has had some serious work done to it and I can't even imagine the cost. I had a good nosey round it and apart from the light units, rear view mirror, boot/bonnet releases and chassis, I struggled to find anything original on it. Was a seriously crazy thing to see - the engine looked so low down in the bay but looking from underneath looked quite high up. Nice to see it belting a few laps out round the track too and not kept locked on some plinth in a heated garage. Just wished I'd have taken more snaps now.

LzYSWrm.jpg

uXCyerF.jpg

3LMKSwb.jpg

9svMX3y.jpg

aeTsYNA.jpg

wlPev2K.jpeg

amazing piece of kit this car,fully enjoyed it yesterday cheers

i took a fair few Alex ill ping em over to you

Jay

What a car! Imagine the hours and money put into that.

Oulton is by far my favourite track too. I used to club race a 250cc 2 stroke motorcycle in the naughties and that circuit had everything for a lightweight bike, undulation, fast sweepers. Pretty strict on noise for an MSV track though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back