Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Starter relay - where to buy?

markh1

Monza
Hi all,

I had a random non start issue yesterday which after reading on this forum and others have narrowed it down to a faulty relay.

Somewhat shocked at the price of them through Porsche and Design911, does anyone have a more economical source for them?

Many thanks
Mark

A lot of things like this are fitted to other makes of cars so can be sourced that way for cheaper. If you have a manufacturers part number or makers name on it you can usually find them cheaper. I always buy parts that have a Bosch number on them for cheaper than it would cost direct from Porsche

I've found ebay to be the best place - I had a nightmare trying to find a starter relay for my S2000 as Honda discontinued the specific OE part (why?!). Ultimately ebay came to the rescue for a grand total of £7.99 - the seller I used was '4driveparts' for this (carpartsinmotion is another seller used in the past). I have no affiliation to these companies, just know how annoying it is searching for starter relays! Cheers

Thanks chaps I maanged to find one from sparepartsstore24 for grand total of £2.49 (£7 postage)

For anyone searching for a starter relay in the future the part number is 431951253H

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back