Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service / Inspection what to ask for

Private Pike

Trainee
We have bought a 993 C2 Cab 1996 and would like to know what would need servicing / inspection after only doing 4000km since the last service in late 2018

The vehicle has been used sparingly over the last 2.5 years

I've listed below what has been changed from the invoices we have and would welcome advise, I've been to a Porsche dealership today to ask the the same question and would like to compare, thanks

Service

Drive shaft fitted
Power steering pressure - presume fluid change
Torque joint x 2 - not stated where
Oil filter
Oil change
Air filter
4 x Michelin Pilot Sport - tread ok
A/C recharge
Geometry
Gearbox fluid checked, DEXTRON III added 1 litre - not drained up but topped up ?
Idle speed adjustment hoses x 2
idle valve cleaning and hose replacement

Looking at the history I can't see spark plugs done in the last 15000km or belts a part from the AC belt which is new

Brakes / Discs are fine and clutch was replaced 60000km no issues here

Thanks for reading

I would do a Major Service and Brake/Clutch Fluid Change to give you the best starting point for your ownership (assuming you've recently acquired it), and piece of mind.

A decent indie (plenty of knowledge on here who to use other than an OPC - whereabouts in UK are you?) will also identify anything worth doing in the future and you can schedule those things based on urgency and cost.

Check the dates on the tyres, my PS2's looked almost new (especially fronts which last super long!) when I bought it but were nearly 9 years old and like concrete.

Thanks for the reply, we're down in the South of France

Porsche want €1k for a service oils, liquids and 2 new windscreen wipers

It's a stamp in the book that looks good I suppose.... but more important it's inspect for them to know doubt find an possible issue ???

4 hours @ €92 including VAT i thought was reasonable, not sure what the hourly rate in the UK is, would be keen to know

I'm hoping that during the inspection they would take out the sparks and see what they are saying and doing something else for 3 hours after the fluid changes ??

:D :D

Just thought I'd drop a line or two after servicing the 993 at our local Porsche centre in France. Classic car service with all fluids and belts changed, vehicle was put through the geometry set-up and have to say wow..... what difference car dialled in and feels incredibly tight, we are blessed with great back county roads here and car is just fantastic

We had the igniter changed due, was going to send it out for refurb but looking at the cost what Porsche offered fitting and technicians report on the worn belt / bearings we had it done

Lovely Porsche laminated paper wallet with a few pages inside was the only downside, the family holiday to the Alpes might have to cancelled but overall the car sounds and drives top dollar

Private Pike said:
4 hours @ €92 including VAT i thought was reasonable, not sure what the hourly rate in the UK is, would be keen to know

:D :D

92 euros an hour for an OPC is a whizzo deal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back