Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rennline phone mount

Hmm. Tempted, the wireless charging option looks handy too...but £££

That rennline mount looks like a much better placement than the old one I have which fits on the lower console area.

The older one had a fairly weak magnet which just wasn't up to holding an iphone 13pro securely. However it uses a standard 17mm sized ball, so it's very easy to replace the socket & magnetic mount.

I kept the rennline bracket & ball mount but swapped the socket & magnetic mount piece for one from an "ESR" mount which I picked up from Amazon, so you should be able to do the same for this version of the rennline mount.

The ESR mounts have very strong magnets & are magsafe compatible for wireless charging. You should also be able to swap with other options like quadlock if you prefer those.

If you haven't already invested in the rennline mount, then a chap on rennlist makes an alternative which fits over the hazard switch. I've not seen it in person, but the pics look promising, & it has options to neatly route the phone cable through the dash:

https://www.rennclassic.com/product-page/hazard-trim-phone-mount-bundle

mrboons said:
Hmm. Tempted, the wireless charging option looks handy too...but £££

yes, feels WAY too expensive in the UK for what it is (£70 ish for the basic) north of £150 if you go with the magcharge (as you have to buy basic plus the mag charge and its subject to the D911 markups....

that said i don't mind paying for good design. hoping someone comes along who has fitted it in the UK and can show me some pics. i have a 14 pro max which is big and just think it maybe too big for the right side of the dash.

sp1ke said:
That rennline mount looks like a much better placement than the old one I have which fits on the lower console area.

The older one had a fairly weak magnet which just wasn't up to holding an iphone 13pro securely. However it uses a standard 17mm sized ball, so it's very easy to replace the socket & magnetic mount.

I kept the rennline bracket & ball mount but swapped the socket & magnetic mount piece for one from an "ESR" mount which I picked up from Amazon, so you should be able to do the same for this version of the rennline mount.

The ESR mounts have very strong magnets & are magsafe compatible for wireless charging. You should also be able to swap with other options like quadlock if you prefer those.

If you haven't already invested in the rennline mount, then a chap on rennlist makes an alternative which fits over the hazard switch. I've not seen it in person, but the pics look promising, & it has options to neatly route the phone cable through the dash:

Both of these ideas look like decent options. Few more hrs of deliberating I think. 😳

sp1ke said:

:thumb:

I made the leap and got one of the Rennclassic hazard mounts. Combined with an ESR MagSafe mount it is pretty neat. Need to work on routing the cables next...

Attachments

• 5ac3aa66_e578_45a8_9b60_560a26a30b19_164.jpeg
    5ac3aa66_e578_45a8_9b60_560a26a30b19_164.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,151
I've also got one of the Rennclassic ones with the quadlock attachments. Great bit of kit.

mrboons said:
sp1ke said:

:thumb:

I made the leap and got one of the Rennclassic hazard mounts. Combined with an ESR MagSafe mount it is pretty neat. Need to work on routing the cables next...

[/[/quote]

That looks great.

Hi gents,

Figured this would be an appropriate place to introduce myself. I'm the guy behind the Renn Classic hazard trim phone mount. Happy to answer any questions, and thanks to the two posters in this thread who are currently using the mount.

Cheers,

Yaz

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back