Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

relocate front number plate

Sean-f

Trainee
Ok so I'm now back in my car and there are a couple of things I wanted to do first time round but never got to first is I am not a fan of the plinth stuck on the front end for the number plate I have thought about removing it and replacing with a sticker number plate but don't really like that so what I am thinking is remove the plinth and relocate the plate in the gap below I have C@s so no 3rd rad and it looks like a plate would sit nicely in there don't know if I could recess it fully it might be too far back for our friendly boys in blue so might be looking at making something to bring it forward.

Has anyone relocated the front number plate if they have can you please show mw where you have put it and if you have had any issues.

Thanks,
Sean-f

Thank you I did do a search but didn't come up with anything, That looks great exactly what I was looking for, I just need to get the time to get it sorted,

Unfortunately unlike the rest of the country I am still working actually working more than ever gone from a 30 hour week to a 60+ hour week but at least I am getting out the house and have been able to enjoy the quite roads :D

What about the screw holes where the plinth is? I've got rid of the plinth and stuck the plate to the bumper slightly lower down. Tried a stick on plate but thought it looked crap. Have also located on the 3rd rad gap on a zunsport grill to see how it looked, good solution if you don't have plinth screw holes (I had several)

roocat said:
What about the screw holes where the plinth is? I've got rid of the plinth and stuck the plate to the bumper slightly lower down. Tried a stick on plate but thought it looked crap. Have also located on the 3rd rad gap on a zunsport grill to see how it looked, good solution if you don't have plinth screw holes (I had several)

I know I will have 2 screw holes but I think I will have to have them filled and the whole bumper painted, I much prefer the under rather than the sticker

Relocated my plate following a bumper change. Stuck it directly to the top of section using sticky pads and left the bottom floating due to the size being smaller than the opening. Stuck a small piece of metal, again on a sticky pad, to the base of the bumper opening to stop the plate moving backwards at speed.

This worked fine for a longer plate but wouldn't stay in place for a short plate due to the curvature so used contact adhesive instead along the top.

I really like the cleaner lines this gives :thumbs:

Attachments

• wp_20180903_12_37_09_pro_2~2_resize_3_105.jpg
    wp_20180903_12_37_09_pro_2~2_resize_3_105.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,097
Sean-f said:
roocat said:

I know I will have 2 screw holes but I think I will have to have them filled and the whole bumper painted, I much prefer the under rather than the sticker

Sean the under option looks good but if you have a tip it will have a 3rd rad and wont be closed off like the manuals , you could still fit it but I would be a little concerned about air flow to the 3rd rad. the other option is the type that fit to a bracket that screws into the toe hook , I think rennline do that kit. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Sean-f said:
roocat said:

Sean the under option looks good but if you have a tip it will have a 3rd rad and wont be closed off like the manuals , you could still fit it but I would be a little concerned about air flow to the 3rd rad. the other option is the type that fit to a bracket that screws into the toe hook , I think rennline do that kit. :thumb: :thumb:

I'm a manual so no issues, I have decided to do it I will post a couple of before and after photos, I just need a little time to make a bracket for plate I spoke to someone last night who can fill holes and paint whole bumper :thumbs:

I had my holes ful filled in (oh eeer mrs) the front resprayed and am not running a number plate at the moment. In the lockdown I am not driving it anyway

Got a stick on one to put on or leave it off.
Defiantly will not drill holes in the newly filled and painted front end no way.
Mine is a 997 tip and a third rd with a factory aerokit

Will send a pic later as no plate is nice, I may make a bracket to fit the tow eye hole and can make others if any one interested

Late to the thread but here's mine.......

1FmDwPn.jpg

Must of fell off !!
Clean and tidy

Attachments

• da0nwtutrbpercent6j00w6atw_301.jpg
    da0nwtutrbpercent6j00w6atw_301.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 816

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member