Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear led lights

aaron johal

High guys, I am abit confused.

I have a gen 1 and want to change the rear lights but can't figure out what the difference between DRL Dectane LED rear light compared to Depo LED rear lights?

Can anyone help?

From what i was told is that the lights are made in a factory somewhere in the dark depths of china and two companies one in germany and other probably in china which buys them from the company that makes the ligjts and brand them with their own name, ive seen both lights in two different boxes, Depo and Dectane, they are exactly the same, same numbers etc so which ever company sells them cheaper go for them !!

J

-- 997 -- said:
From what i was told is that the lights are made in a factory somewhere in the dark depths of china and two companies one in germany and other probably in china which buys them from the company that makes the ligjts and brand them with their own name, ive seen both lights in two different boxes, Depo and Dectane, they are exactly the same, same numbers etc so which ever company sells them cheaper go for them !!

J

Ill second that, Ive seen the same ones branded as Del Rey , some variatons have a sequential flash which may not be everyones cup of tea....

I've a couple of follow up questions, since we're on the subject.

1. can you repair the standard lights? The clear part of my right light lens has separated from the red part which has allowed some water and dust in. I haven't been able to clean it, just by splitting the light.

2. what's the best aftermarket solution (assuming they're cheaper than new stock units)?

MaxA said:

1. can you repair the standard lights? The clear part of my right light lens has separated from the red part which has allowed some water and dust in. I haven't been able to clean it, just by splitting the light.

2. what's the best aftermarket solution (assuming they're cheaper than new stock units)?

I presume your talking about the Gen 2 ?

J

-- 997 -- said:
MaxA said:

I presume your talking about the Gen 2 ?

J

Yes, I was.... oh well.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back