Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattle on uneven roads - how to find it....

londonblue911

For some reason on gravelly / uneven roads my car appears to have randomly gained a new rattle from behind the central air vents / centre speaker in the middle of the dashboard facing up to the windscreen. Not sure what the cause is...

Has anyone experienced this before or have any tips on how to find a rattle without having a OPC remove the dash to find it?

911s have a factory built in cloaking device for sound. Where you think the sound is coming from, and where it's actually coming from are usually two different places, quite some distance apart. Good luck with finding the source :thumb:

Well that was quick!! turns out some others on YouTube had the same issue. It is the plastic thing in the front boot / frunk which covers the washer fluid / battery.

Do people replace these or just put felt tape on them?

Matt

I had that same rattle. I just applied felt tape and it solved the issue. Looks like something you might need to do annually as the felt tape eventually comes off through rain and washing car etc.

I have rattles from

Sunroof/Maplamp area
Door trim
Rear of FRont seats
Rear Seat belt areas

They tend to come and go -I will try to use foam/rattle tape

Not had one from centre vents yet :)

FZP said:
911s have a factory built in cloaking device for sound. Where you think the sound is coming from, and where it's actually coming from are usually two different places, quite some distance apart. Good luck with finding the source :thumb:

Porsche Dynamic Creaking Concealment

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back