Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Programming new key without long code?

allenh

I recently bought a new spare key, but I don't know what I've done with the little paper tag that it came with.

I've now gone to my indy who says that it cannot be programmed to the car without the long code.

Is there any way to programme it without the code? Or have I now got a £200 paperweight?

Is that not something an OPC can do?

I've got a spare that doesn't work and have meaning to go to my local OPC to see if they can re-link it...

I have always been told keys are useless without the long code.I paid for two new ones at my Indy 10 years ago not cheap but cheaper than OPC

997 Don't have a long key number on the new fob to code them on .

You get the Ipas codes from Porsche then you code it on with a tester .. piwis in this case .. that number is for 996/986 ONLY .

To get Ipas codes you need a V5 and a driving licence to prove you own the car .. normally you give a copy of these to a garage and they will sort it out for you ..

To code the central locking part of this key you put the key into the ignition lock then press and hold a fob button .. after 5 seconds it will have learnt it .. obviously the fob has to be coded to the car first .

Please be aware .. once a new key has been coded to a car it can NEVER be coded to another car .. even an attempt which fails via a garage will render the new key useless .

You can however code a key from your car back onto it if changing the alarm control unit ... something that's rarely done but original keys can be recoded .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back