Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche extended Warranty - 15 years?

Ian123456

Is every Porsche purchased now before 2007 exempt from the OPC extended warranty?

Apart from OPC, which is the next best warranty?

A Porsche buyer/owner can only get an extended warranty until the car is 14 years old as they are only covered until they reach 15.

i.e All cars registered before 1st December 2008 are now excluded from entering the official scheme.

Getting a worthwhile third-party warranty on any car over 10 years old is difficult unless it's arranged through a selling dealer at the time of purchase.

T8 said:
A Porsche buyer/owner can only get an extended warranty until the car is 14 years old as they are only covered until they reach 15.

i.e All cars registered before 1st December 2008 are now excluded from entering the official scheme.

Getting a worthwhile third-party warranty on any car over 10 years old is difficult unless it's arranged through a selling dealer at the time of purchase.

Thanks.

Just to clarify, if I have a car or buy a car with the extended porsche warranty and it turns 15 years old then the warranty automatically stops regardless of mileage?

(2008 997 GT3 or 2008 Turbo for example)

An annual renewal can only be done before the car reaches its 14th birthday. Two and three year renewals, deduct from that.

Magic919 said:
An annual renewal can only be done before the car reaches its 14th birthday. Two and three year renewals, deduct from that.

:thumb:

Today, you could only get a Porsche warranty on a 2008 car if it was originally registered between 2nd December and 31st December 2008. All other 2008 cars are already too old.

My car was registered late Jan 10, and it's Porsche Warranty currently expires in late Mar 24, a couple of months after its 14th birthday. Having kept it going for so many years, my final dilemma is whether to pay a full years premium, before it gets to its 14th birthday, just to buy the final 10 months up to its 15th birthday - which, as discussed, is the end of the line warranty wise?

Paul Farrar said:
My car was registered late Jan 10, and it's Porsche Warranty currently expires in late Mar 24, a couple of months after its 14th birthday. Having kept it going for so many years, my final dilemma is whether to pay a full years premium, before it gets to its 14th birthday, just to buy the final 10 months up to its 15th birthday - which, as discussed, is the end of the line warranty wise?

For 10 months cover I'd bite the bullet and do it. I suppose a lot depends upon how much you've needed the cover in the past and the price you're prepared to pay for the peace of mind it gives.

Paul Farrar said:

Who will you use once it has expired?

Ian123456 said:
Who will you use once it has expired?

I won't bother with an aftermarket warranty - just resort to my preferred Indie who looked after all my previous Porsches.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back