Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Classic Radio Navigation Phone System

paul284pt

Albert Park
Hi,

Price £350 including postage and latest Naviation Software Update (worth over £100.00)

I'm putting up for sale my Classic Porsche Radio Navigation System - 1st generation (PCRN1) for sale here before I offer it elsewhere, in case any 911UK'ers would like it.

It fit's all classic 911's up to and including the 993. It also fits 914/924/944/968 & 928 models.

The unit is just approx. 4 years old and is in perfect condition. Earlier this year I bought the Satnav update which is a SD card and it is still in the box not yet installed. The buyer will need to insert the new card into the SD card slot to the right of the unit behind the facia for up to date instructions.

I recommend the buyer has the unit professionally installed, preferably by an OPC, as their technicians are familiar with these units.

The unit comes with all wires connections, GPS antenna and microphone for hands free telephone, handbooks, SD/DVD with the latest navigation update (unused) and a small remote control unit.

This is a genuine reason for sale and the photo in my car show's the unit working last week in Satnav mode. There are no issues with the unit whatsoever. The right hand knob still shows glue from the original sticker. Please note, some units came with the Porsche script on them, others didn't, mine is without.

Navigation is visible (quite small but just adequate) on the touch screen as are all operational options. The verbal instructions are excellent very precise. The music is automatically lowered in volume when verbal directions are announced. The screen can be programmed for 2D or 3D viewing. Trip info, including average speed, max speed, distance covered, travel time can be displayed.

The PCRN1 offers hands free bluetooth telephony, although dialling must be done from your mobile unit. Answering and finishing calls can be done from the unit's touchscreen or your mobile. An AV input is also provided on the facia.

Audio quality is superb for a single unit and streaming music wireless via bluetooth from your iPhone or similar is very convenient. A USB on the front panel is also an option. The self seeking radio allows 6 storable stations per band. DVD's and CD's can be played by inserting a single disk into the slot behind the drop down facia. The facia may be removed as an anti-theft precaution, a soft cloth storage bag is provided.

The original box is long gone I'm afraid but there is a box provided from the new version PCRN (2). I have changed to this unit because as some of you know I have spent a lot on my car and, well.... in for a penny! So some lucky person is going to get a superb piece of kit in an as new condition for a knock-down price, second hand units don't come up for sale very often.

The new Navigation Update (included) alone is over £100 to buy. The price as stated is £350 (including postage) & first person to PM me with their intention to buy gets it.

If you miss it there is one on eBay now here for £695, so you can see what bargain mine is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-C...780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487ec84a6c

This last photo from my car (before retrim) showing DVD function.

Cheers,
Paul

**THIS ITEM IS NOW SOLD**

Thanks for looking :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shofwan_khilmi
Back