Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Centre mark up/profit on 991.2 Targa 4S

JonnyG

Silverstone
Morning. What do folks feel or believe a Porsche Centre adds to the purchase price they paid for a car when they sell it on? I suspect it's at least £5k but it could be more - or less.

I'm interested in buying a Sapphire Blue 2016 Targa from a private seller. It's well specked but in my mind the price is much too high for a private sale despite it having a 2 year Porsche warranty. I've arranged for a 111 PPI next week so am trying to research the prices of similar vehicles (of which there are few!) at Porsche Centres to work out where to pitch my bid and how much I'm willing to pay.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

I suspect it's a lot nearer £10k than £5k - unless they've given more as part-ex on a car they've sold at a good premium.

If buying privately I'd expect to pay 10% less than I would for the same car being sold at a Porsche dealer.

EDIT: In the current market, where there still seems to be a shortage of retail stock, it may be that dealers are resigned to making a smaller margin on each sale. It might also be a reason that private sellers are chancing their arm a bit.

I agree with T8. Usually 8-10 K up from the price they bought it for.
Always checked the price after selling my cars and above is the case.
Prep/ warranty etc are the reasons apparently :grin:

I drove past Opc Chester the other day and I've never seen it so rammed with stock. New stock may still lag, but not used.
5-10k is the margin window for sure.

Thanks everyone, most helpful in trying to work out where to place an offer.

FZP I think there are quite a few cars in stock however, when you start to look at the detail it's quite difficult to find what you're looking for and at the 'right' price point.

When I enquired out of interest about selling my GT4 to an OPC last October they said they'd buy at £70k and then retail at £80k. My car needed no prep or tyres etc as it was showroom condition.

Seems to be nearer £10k mark up based on that although I suspect I could have haggled for more if I was intent on selling.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back