Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 997 GT3 MKII Crashes at Barcelona Circuit

Porsche News

A Porsche 997 911 GT3 was recently destroyed in a high-speed impact at the Formula One Barcelona circuit in Spain at 160mph.

As the following video shows, the crash occurred because the driver lost control of the high-performance German supercar under brakes sending the expensive exotic into an uncontrollable spin with the car eventually skidding into the crash barrier. Fortunately, the owner managed to escape uninjured.

His steering is pointing straight ahead, lifts off the throttle (prior to braking)
and goes straight left...severe brake imbalance ??...he's not on the kerb/grass.... :roll:

Ouch, not wearing a harness? Seemed to step out right the moment he hit the brakes. What caused that?

He says oil in the YT blurb, but it looks like that dip just makes the car go light at the moment he hits the brakes, the rear locks on one side and he's in the spin.

NXI20 said:
He says oil in the YT blurb, but it looks like that dip just makes the car go light at the moment he hits the brakes, the rear locks on one side and he's in the spin.

Difficult to tell but I agree that it looks like it goes as the car goes light - if so he braked on unloaded suspension and that would make it pilot error. But if he hadn't turned the PSM off I reckon that it would have caught it when he threw full anchors.

It reminds me of my little "moment" at Zandvoort last year at considerably lower speed :oops:

NXI20 said:
It reminds me of my little "moment" at Zandvoort last year at considerably lower speed :oops:

Hands off the wheel! The Wildsy mantra :) you got on the left kerb there?

Still think the Barcelona one was weird, didnt see any bump myself and if there was it would have been well known about wouldnt ya think?

oil or coolant on the track .......

Senoj said:
NXI20 said:

Hands off the wheel! The Wildsy mantra :) you got on the left kerb there?

Still think the Barcelona one was weird, didnt see any bump myself and if there was it would have been well known about wouldnt ya think?

Could be one of those that don't reveal themselves until you are going properly fast :dont know:

Not read the full report but dam that would have been scary, glad the drivers ok though.

Sad to see any 911 in pain, with the final beep of the horn, least he finished in style.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back