Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pccm plus woes - any suggestions please

Thanks deMort - the car isn't one that requires the earth on the AMP plug. Also, we don't know if the AMP was working before. When we got the car it had an aftermarket head unit and AMP fitted, the BOSE one was just in the frunk.

We have opted to send the AMP away to be checked and repaired accordingly.

Will post the findings.

Many thanks.

Quick update - the Bose unit has been tested and found to be fault free..

Would really like to hear from Kilsoj to understand what was the fix to your problem. The symptoms you had look just like ours.

Thanks, Graham.

Hi corneg1

I am afraid I actually can't be of much help to you

The head unit is working, but I had to leave the car with Porsche Belfast for quite a while to get sorted - they were brilliant - just Germany took a while coming back to them.

The checked everything I had done as per instructions and reported it was fine so I don't think there is anything you will have done wrong.

It was one of their taycan tech guys who eventually got it working but I was not able to get speaking to him to find out what the issue was.

The only thing I will say is i have noticed that if I haven't used the car in a few weeks and haven't stuck it on the trickle and the battery voltage has dropped it happens again, and I have to do a battery reset and comes back no problem

I would suggest giving Porsche Belfast a ring see if they can guide you

Hi corneg1

I am afraid I actually can't be of much help to you

The head unit is working, but I had to leave the car with Porsche Belfast for quite a while to get sorted - they were brilliant - just Germany took a while coming back to them.

The checked everything I had done as per instructions and reported it was fine so I don't think there is anything you will have done wrong.

It was one of their taycan tech guys who eventually got it working but I was not able to get speaking to him to find out what the issue was.

The only thing I will say is i have noticed that if I haven't used the car in a few weeks and haven't stuck it on the trickle and the battery voltage has dropped it happens again, and I have to do a battery reset and comes back no problem

Thanks for the info Kilsoj - much appreciated. We have had a low battery situation and the car is not in regular use currently. So might me something to do with that. Will report back on what happens.

Hi all,

Any update regarding this issue? I'm having exact same symptoms as OP.
Will stick the car on its trickle charger and leave over night, see if that helps.

So - a new battery didn't make any difference with our situation. We have bought a replacement optical cable to see if that works, but we are doubtful. Will report back if that works or not. Considering to bypass the optical as an alternative.

Please keep us posted on how you resolve your issue too. Many thanks.

That's annoying, I fully charged my battery (which is only a few months old) last night, factory reset on the PCCM and still no joy.

I have the original unit which when plugged in, emits a constant light down the fibre optic and gives sound. Proving all components other than PCCM work. I assume you don't have the original unit to try this?

I'm going to speak to Porsche Swindon tomorrow, see if they can offer any help.

Will let you know.

That's annoying, I fully charged my battery (which is only a few months old) last night, factory reset on the PCCM and still no joy.

I have the original unit which when plugged in, emits a constant light down the fibre optic and gives sound. Proving all components other than PCCM work. I assume you don't have the original unit to try this?

I'm going to speak to Porsche Swindon tomorrow, see if they can offer any help.

Will let you know.

Thanks Jon81 - that would be helpful. We don't have an original unit to try as the car came with an aftermarket unit fitted Many thanks.

Managed to do a fair bit of internet digging today through various forums, think I'm getting somewhere.

Turns out Bose AMPs from MY 03 and 04 had a software release to fix sporadic loss of sound (I've actually experienced this several times prior to trying to fit PCCM, didn't think much of it). These amps appear to be giving the issue we're experiencing with the PCCM fitted. Chap on Rennlist had the same symptoms, updated the original PCM software to Version 3.0, refitted the PCCM and problem solved!

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1215665-pccm-install-woes-no-sound-14.html

This has been confirmed by an outfit in Germany AMP-Performance who's website lists the Pt. No's affected.

https://amp-performance.de/en/1437-Porsche-Bose-Amplifier.html.

Further confirmation came from a TSB (tech service bulletin?) stating the update required to these amps when installed with original PCM.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=40551&highlight=bose+software+update

I've emailed Porsche Tewkesbury to try and get a copy of Version 3.0, mine is currently V1.0 with one of the amp Pt No's listed as a problem child.

If it works I'd be happy to lend you my PCM with updated CD software.

Fingers crossed.

Very interesting Jon81 - and a kind offer. Fingers crossed it works!

The link you provided to check the effected part numbers didn't work - returned an error code on their website. Can you send again please. Many thanks.

FIXED!!

Turns out updating the original PCM from software version 1.0 to 3.0 (after eventually getting hold of a disc) made no difference.

I bought an amp from an 04 car Pt No 996.645.333.05 and that's sorted it.

Following on from the threads I quoted previously it appears the .02 (fitted to mine) and the .03's amps have software that doesn't seem to like the PCCM+.

There is a company in Germany, AMP performance, that can re write the amps software but he won't deal outside of EU.

Glad I tackled it myself in the end and not anywhere else as that could have been £££'s.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back